Search for content in message boards

This Bettis Family

This Bettis Family

Sherry Bettis Wiley (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2000 6:09PM GMT
Hi, there all you long lost relatives! I just read all the messages and am stund to find so many Bettis names out there. I was born and live in New York. I'm looking into my side of the family. My father is Edwin H. Bettis and he has one brother, John David. Their father(my GF) was Alonzo Harvey Bettis, who had two brothers that I know of,Ken and Ashley.Their father was Robert,b.1881 in Fairport,NY. I'm at a stand-still, because I need to know Robert's parents names. Knowone in the family has any clue. Robert was married to Margaret Baylard. She died in 1925 and he moved to Williamson,NY, where he died in 1958. Thats all we know, so if anyone out there has info on the New York or Yankee side,I'd like to hear from you.Thanks for letting me ramble on. Sherry

Re: This Bettis Family

Posted: 27 Feb 2002 12:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jul 2002 12:18AM GMT
My father was Robert Garfield Bettis. He was married to a Margaret ,but I don't know her last name. My father married my mom ,Alice and they had six girls. My father and his first wife had three sons. Ashley, Lonnie, and Kenneth. My dad died in 1958 in Lyons Hospital and my mom died in 1981.My father was born in Fairport N.Y. I would love to hear from you if you think you are any relation.
Thanks.
Gail

Posted: 27 Feb 2002 3:50PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2002 12:18AM GMT
Hi again. I kow for sure that we are realated. Please send a message to me. Your grandfather was my half brother. I live in Newark , N.Y.
glennag@redsuspenders.com
Gail

Denise ( Baylard/Baylord ) Lorren (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 2003 10:40PM GMT
I am a YANKEE/BAYLORD and would love to share my family information with you....... When my grandfather Leon, went in the Army. The spelling of our last name changed. The second A in Baylard turned into a O........

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 9:03PM GMT
Surnames: Baylord, Cunningham
My great-great-great-grandmother was Margaret "Maggie" Baylord (also sometimes spelled Baalard or Ballard, but almost certainly pronounced phonetically "BAY-lard.") She was born December 1875 and married John Cunningham (1873-?) and had two children, Anna B. Cunningham and my great-great-grandfather Paul S. Cunningham. As I understand it, Maggie was married secondly to Robert Garfield Bettis.

I have some indications that Maggie's father's name was John Baalard, but would love more information on Maggie, who has been notoriously difficult to research. For those who are direct relations, by all means and with tremendous enthusiasm, I invite you to write me at reeveskd@gmail.com. I'd be really interested in corresponding on the subject!

Thank you!

Posted: 13 Jul 2013 10:13PM GMT
Gail, I must apologize for such a lengthy delay in replying to you. Yes, we are related! My father's grandfather was your father Robert.
At one point in time, you and I have crossed paths. Your father brought all you girls to my parents house way back when. I remember 5 or 6 girls climbing out of a car..lol..you were all quite young at the time. Once I was in Williamson and met one of you girls,also. I can't remember which one though, sorry. If you get this, let's talk more about this subject.

Posted: 13 Jul 2013 10:23PM GMT
Keith, I see you haven't signed in for 6 months so I hope you get this message but I will try your email also.
So, it seems we might have the same DNA..lol..
Here's what I have on Margret *Maggie* Baylord. My grandmother always told me that she was a lovely person and came from The Netherlands. Her father's name WAS John and her mother was Mary Olcutt. My grandmother was married to her son, Alonzo, *Lon or Lonnie* Bettis. She died young, and I have visited her grave site. That is about all the information I have on her but I hope it helps out. If you have any other questions for me, please ask. I might be able to answer. I will send you a more detailed email.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.