Search for content in message boards

Mary Sabol 1874-1961

Mary Sabol 1874-1961

Posted: 26 Sep 2008 5:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sabol
I don't know about Anna Sabol. Mary Sabol was Ruthenian (Greek Byzantine Catholic, originally Uniat).

Re: Mary Sabol 1874-1961

Posted: 10 Nov 2009 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: rebarchak, sabol, kolyar/kovar/durack/
my baba was mary elizabeth rebarchak sabol lived in freeland/ drums pa. her mother was kolyar, greek m. to john rebarchak solvalian.

Posted: 11 Nov 2009 4:31AM GMT
Surnames: rebarchek/kovar/sabol/steoak
sounds like my grandma. she had 3 sisters and 5 brothers. anne, betty/elizabeth,and veronna.
carle. eddie, gerogie, john, joe, but I thought my baba told me about pete? they lived in freeland pa. she used to go to the byrantine catholic church in freeland but when I knew her she went to st. anne's catholic church. she married stephen stanely sabol later in her life. he was of drifton/drums pa. all near hazelton. they had lived on ridge street and bought a duplex on schwabee street, in freeland. she spoke at least 5 lanugages: greek, slovakian, polish, hungarian,english. baba came over with her family from slovakia where she grew up on a farm with servants...her dad was slovakian and her mom was greek. her great grandparents on her mom's side were also austrian and hungarian. her mom's surname was kovar, ? elizabeth. her dad was john rebarchek/ribarcek/rybarcyk. my grandma was mary/mari/marie elizabeth rebarchek sabol.died in 1961.

Re: rebarchak, sabol, kolyar/kovar/durack/

Posted: 11 Nov 2009 9:43PM GMT
pako58

I have been chasing your quiries and posting. Hopefully you are being notified. Do you have a location in old country as from where your ancestor came?
Greek means Greek Catholic, a term used in Slovakia for Byzantine Catholic in America.
Your baba, if she was born in old Hungary would have come to America as Maria RIBARCSAK or something very close to that spelling.
Ribarcsak, Erzsebet Mudrocz 29 1876 1905
Ribarcsak, Evzsi Modvafalva, Hungary 1 1911 1912
Ribarcsak, Gyorgy Magyarkrucso, Hungary 33 1879 1912
Ribarcsak, Gyorgy M. Krucso, Hungary 29 1880 1909
Ribarcsak, Janos Mudrocz 3 1902 1905
Ribarcsak, Janos Zamuto 29 1870 1899
Ribarcsak, Maria Mudrocz 4 1901 1905
KOLYAR
Kolyar, Jstvan Ujak 16 1882 1898
Kolyar, Karoli 48 1844 1892
Kolyar, Kornel Nagy Saros, Hungary 17 1893 1910
Kolyar, Maria Szhaukocz 22 1877 1899
Durak, Mihaly O'Lehata, Hungary 19 1890 1909

Posted: 22 Dec 2009 11:42PM GMT
Surnames: ribarchek/rybarcak/rebarchek....sabol/ kolyar/kovar...
I believe we have a connection.
My baba/jaja came over with her family. father John/ janas?
br in zamutov, sk eastern slovakia. he had a wife elizabeth/ersebet kolyar/kovar. she had a greek father and a hungarian-austrian mother. My grandmother wrote name mari with marks over the i and a. she called her self mary elizabeth or marie when in america. I found papers she wrote ribarcsak with marks over some letters and ryb.. at times.she had 3 sisters and 5 brothers one or two were born in the usa. gorge was a favorite brother, john or janus?, joe, carl, eddie, anne, elizabeth, veronna....they mostly lived in freeland, pa. but some moved to other states, oh? dursack?, burak? married names some still in luzanne county, as we get christmas cards. some distant relatives we met in charlotte, nc who grew up on ridge street freeland, pa. the were related to rebarchek. still get a card from berand rebarchek in hazelton, pa. does this make any sense? My baba spoke 5+ languages, grew up in slovakia not czech.! and told me of a farm she grew up on, surrounded by woods and ? mountians.

Posted: 23 Dec 2009 12:32AM GMT
Surnames: durak/burack?
one of my grandma's sisters married a durak in freeland/hazelton area of pa.

Posted: 27 Dec 2009 8:09PM GMT
mary (rebarchak) brn in slovkia 7-11-1895 married stephen stanley sabol czech-slovakian, he was rc and attended st ann's in freeland yet my baba's mother erzebet kolyar was austrian-hungarian and raised catholic byzantine/ greek orthdox and told me relatives of hers went to st. mary's catholic orthodox church in freeland....baba's sister-in-law rose sabol married a hess and had a son eddie hess. her brother-in-law john married a anna rindock. she was br. in eckley, pa daughter of john and anna (bendick) rindock. member of st. ann's rc church in freeland. john was a mine supervisor for eckley b. coxe & jeddo highland coal co. she had a bro. john rindock. peter, paul, sisters ella rindock and margaret gazick. her childern : dr. john b. sabol, thomas h. sabol,eleanor medash, dorothy sabol... and another brother stephen rindock.

Posted: 28 Feb 2010 7:06PM GMT
Surnames: rebarchak/ribarcsak
maria/Mary Elizabeth (rebarchak/ribarcsak) Sabol had a brother Gorgie/ george rebarchak in Freeland, Pa who married I believe a Mary.

Posted: 1 Mar 2010 7:31PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: kolyar/rebarchak/Katzor
Georgie/Gorgi Rebarchak m. Mary Surmik and he was the brother of Mary Rebarchak Sabol, Veronica, Elizabeth,Anna,Joseph, Bernard, Pete, John, Edward, Carl. All childern of John/Janos Rebarchak m. to Elizabeth Kolyar.
Slovakian and immigrated to Freeland,Pa/Drums/ Hollywood,Pa/Berwich, Pa... Gorgi had a daughter Caroline KKatzor Dod 7-6-81. member of the St. Casimir Catholic Church in Freeland(church closed to St. Ann's Rc in Freeland, Pa. she was from Drums, Pa and garmet worker

Posted: 21 Nov 2011 5:48PM GMT
Surnames: Ribaryak/ Rebarckah/Rebarchek/kolyar/spekak/spisak/spizak
In doing research I have found Mari Elizabeth Rebarchek was fathered by Janos Rebarchek and mother Elizabeth kolyar both from Zamutov and sol, austria-hg ,now Sk. The name Dunkar was in her notes.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.