Search for content in message boards

Avery in Ontario/Canada and Cedar Springs, Michigan

Avery in Ontario/Canada and Cedar Springs, Michigan

Pete Avery (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2003 4:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Avery, Ward, Bullard
I have hit a stonewall. Duncan Avery died about 1877 in the area of Brussels, Huron Co, Gray township in Ontario. His wife Susana (Ward) (b 1832) and her children moved to Kent Co. Michigan about 1878. This was the second marriage for Susan, she may have been married a Bullard prior to Duncan Avery. All children from from the first marriage died of TB. The Avery children are: Duncan (b 1863), Joseph (b1865), Christiana(b1872), Edward (b1875 may also be James Edward) and John Baptist (b1873, by GG-Grandfather).

I am very interested in any information at all. I am unable to go back further than Duncan Sr. A note from my G-Grandfather says "my mother told me once we were from the old country, it was the time of sailing vessels and she thought their parents was sick and died. While on board those days they burried them at sea." Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Avery in Ontario/Canada and Cedar Springs, Michigan

Posted: 23 Oct 2005 6:16PM GMT
Surnames: Avery, McDonald, Smith
Duncan Avery, Sr. was brother of George Avery, which is my branch of the Avery family. Their father was Benjamin Benoni Avery and mother was Mary McDonald. Benjamin's father and mother were Joseph Avery and Rebecca Smith. Joseph Avery was a United Empire Loyalist. It has been several years since you posted this message, so I hope you receive it. I have a huge amount of information on the Averys who descended from Joseph Avery. I'd be glad to share with you. Write to me at mrsmerlin5@aol.com.

Ruth

Posted: 28 Jul 2008 7:14PM GMT
Surnames: Avery
my great grandfather was Joseph Avery, Son of Duncan Avery. I am trying to find out any information on the Avery's. Duncan Avery was married to Susana Ward. Joseph was married to Florence Stevens from what I have. My grandfather was Bruce Edward Avery (b. 10-08-1896). He married Eathyl Leona Burke. My mother is Wilma Jean Avery. It has been a while since anyone posted to this. I hope I can find someone with more information. My email is denana13@gmail.com

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 3:01PM GMT
I have duncan avery sr. as being Benjamin Avery. I have that duncan was born in 1835 in Ontario, Canada. married in 1861/62. died in 1878. Susan Ward, born in Feb 1837, smith falls,Ontario. died 18 June 1904 in Cedar Springs mi. This is information my Great Aunt Dolores gave to my mom. I have information on John Avery too if you need any of that. My Grandfather was Bruce Edward Avery,son of Joseph Avery and Flora Stevens. my personal e-mail is denana13@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.