Jesse L Chapman 1800 m Mary Elizabeth Ward Ohio Co., KY
John S Newcomb 1800 Ohio Co. KY

Samuel George Rhoads

Doris Beaty (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rhoads, Rhodes, Dodson, Arnspiger
Samuel George Rhoads/Rhodes b 27 Feb 1843 d July 20 1904
m Rachel F Dodson 1 Mar 1868 Ohio Co Ky dau of George Dodson Sr & Senah A Sharp. Samuel George Rhodes son
of Benjamin R Rhodes b 1816 Nelson Co Ky and Elizabeth Arnspiger/Urnspiger/Ernspiger b about 1815/16 Ky m 7 June 1837 Spencer Co Ky
Both Benjamin and Elizabeth were on 1870 and 1880 Ohio Co Ky census d after 1880 date and place unknown to me Probably Ohio Co KY

John "GOV" Bennett

Posted: 8 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jun 2002 11:16PM GMT
Surnames: Bennett, Benton, Chapman, Stevens, Farthing, Plummer, Stockett, Blackman, Purnell, Mortz, Lambert, Conkle
John "GOV" Bennett moved into Ohio Co, KY and bought around 1400 acres and that is how he received the name GOV. He really wasn't an elected official.
He was married 2 times, the 2nd was Mary I. Plummer and together they had 17 children. Some left this land and went into Indiana, and Southern IL.
My grandfather William Roscoe Bennett was born in August 1899 in Mulenburg Co. He had several siblings, Hayden Hicks, a sister named Vida Lee, and other brothers, there were also twins, one's name was Darrell but I have never known the other's name....he was killed in a mine explosion in KY and Darrell left KY and moved to TX and no one heard from him again.
I know that my greatgrandfather was burned to death in his son Hayden Hicks home, he was elderly, and bent over to light his corn cob pipe off the stove, and caught himself on fire and fell back onto his straw bed catching this afire also. If any of this sounds familiar, would you please write to me. I would love to hear from any Bennett relatives living around the area.....I've been there, and gone through the cemeteries, It's a beautiful spot and I can understand why he stopped there.
Thank You

Leisure-Bennett

Posted: 15 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 9:30PM GMT
Surnames: Beall, Brown, Leisure
Searching for Joyce Swain's correct e-mail address as I
want to connect with her John T. Leisure and Bennett
marriage in 1800 query listed in Ohio Co. Ky.

"Gov" John Bennett

Viettia Newcomb (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stevens
Have not worked on these lines in years, but The Stevens family of Ohio Co., KY. is the family I researched several years ago. Have lots of information on that line. What have you on Mary Icypheny Plummer ??

Newcom Family

Carol Arrington (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Newcom, Bennett, Ward, Ashford, Crow, Blue, Burns, Sanders
I am very interested in corresponding with anyone who can connect to this family.

Descendants of WILLIAM NEWCOM

Generation No. 1

1. WILLIAM1 NEWCOM was born Abt. 1825 in Ky., and died Aft. 1880 in Ohio Co Ky.. He married
CASSANDRA ELIZABETH BENNETT Nov 10, 1850 in Ohio Co. Ky., daughter of JOHN BENNETT
and AILSEY HUDSON. Cassandra born May 1827 died after 1900.

William is in the 1880 census but in the 1900 Cassandra Newcom is a widow so he died sometime
between 1880 and 1900. according to information given on the census his parents were born in Ky.

Children of WILLIAM NEWCOM and CASSANDRA BENNETT are:

i. JOHN S.2 NEWCOM, b. Abt. 1852, Ky.; d. Aft. 1880; m. MARY WARD, Nov 10, 1875.

ii. SALLY M. NEWCOM, b. Abt. 1853, Ky..

iii. THOMAS NEWCOM, b. May 06, 1854, Ky; d. Aft. 1900; m. MARIA ASHFORD, Mar 07, 1878.

iv. ORGILLOUS NEWCOM, b. Abt. 1856, Ky; m. LOUISA CROW, Feb 26, 1882, Ohio Co. Ky.

v. CICEROE NEWCOM, b. Abt. 1859, Ky; d. Aft. 1900; m. MARY BLUE, Jun 10, 1883, Ohio Co. Ky.

vi. BUEL NEWCOM, b. 1862, Ky.

vii. REAUSEAU NEWCOM, b. 1862, Ky.; m. ? CASSANDRA BURNS, Jun 10, 1883, Ohio Co. Ky.

viii. BETTIE NEWCOM, b. Abt. 1865, Ohio Co. Ky.; d. Abt. 1899, Ohio Co. Ky.; m. DELANEY H.
SANDERS, Dec 17, 1891, Ohio Co. Ky..

ix. ULYSSUS NEWCOM, b. Abt. 1870, Ky.; d. Aft. 1887; m. LEOTA BURNS, Feb 21, 1887, Ohio Co. Ky.

x. ANNIE NEWCOM, b. Abt. 1872, Ky..

Posted: 23 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Oct 2004 6:05AM GMT
Surnames: NEWCOM
I am not a relative but just happen to have this information. Hope it is of help to you.

Karen

-----

Newcom Family Cemetery:
...William H. NEWCOM; born 6 Nov 1824; died 13 July 1894;
...Anna NEWCOM; dau of W.H. & C.E. NEWCOM; born 15 Oct 1870; died 7 May 1895;
...also buried there Cassander E. NEWCOM, wife of William H. NEWCOM, but she has no headstone;
...no other headstones in this cemetery;

---------
KY Vital Statistics, Births, 1854, p. 4:
...Thomas NEWCOM; born 6 May 1854 in Ohio Co., KY; father-William H. NEWCOM; mother-Cassander E. BENNETT;

KY Vital Statistics, Births, 1856, p. 1:
...Orgilous NUCOM; born __? May 1856 in Ohio Co., KY; father-Harry NUCOM; mother-Cassa BENNETT;

KY Vital Statistics, Births, 1859, p. 1:
...Cicero M. NEWCOMB born 10 August 1859 in Ohio Co., KY; father-William H. NEWCOMB; mother-Cassander E. BENNETT;

END

Sarah Frances BENNETT

Sandy Ehlinger (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BENNETT, SORRELS, PETTY
I also have descendants from John BENNETT line. I am seeking any information on Sarah Frances BENNETT the daughter of Oscar hamilton BENNETT and Christa Ann SORRELS. Oscar was the son of Titus BENNETT who was the son of John. Any exchange of information would be greatly appreciated.

Sandefur Bennet"GOV"John

Gilbert L. Peppers (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sandefur, Bennet
John "GOV"Bennet and Mary Ishpemy Plummer daughter Elizabeth married William Sandefur September 29, 1824 one of which i am a decendant of the Sandefur line goes to the mid 16th Century I look foward to conversing with you regarding John and Mary's family

Gil Peppers

Petty/ Sandefur

Gilbert L. Peppers (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Petty, Sandefur
In the Sandefur Tree their is a Francis Petty Capt who served with George Washington and was made a Master Mason and a York Rite Mason as well. It is said that some one in his family still has his Masonic apron today. He maried Sarah Sandefur the daughter of William S. Sandefur I also have another Francis Petty who married a Brown and had a daughter Elizabeth Petty who Married Richard H. Sandefur son of William S.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.