Search for content in message boards

Kemp Indian Relatives (Choctaw)

Kemp Indian Relatives (Choctaw)

Tamara Wright(Kemp) (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2003 1:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kemp
Is there anyone who has any Indian relatives with the last name Kemp. I am having so much trouble with this.. I am looking for a Benjamin Kemp I don't know when he was born or when he died but he was married to a Annie Phillips and had Martin D Kemp born Feb 7, 1926 and died Dec. 31, 1979. Alot of them are from Oklahoma, Arkansas and Texas I think. Some are in McAlester Oklahom I know. Please does anyone have any information about these people...

Tamara

Re: Kemp Indian Relatives (Choctaw)

Posted: 22 Mar 2003 3:11PM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2003 3:38AM GMT
I don't know if I can help out much, but I have this on a line of Kemp's that moved to the Chickasaw Nation.
Boy I checked around and I see what you mean about finding any Kemps in your area. I hope what I have helps.
My records show a William Kemp coming to the Chickasaw Nation about 1766. He was killed by Creek Indians on July 5, 1787 in Oldtown, Chickasaw Nation., he was a rader and had at least three sons.
I also have a Joel Kemp b.abt 1819 d.abt 1874 in Oklahoma. Its stated he was National Treasurer of Chickasaw Nation. He married a Mariah Colbert, second wife was Cassinda Francis Davis.
Another, who may have been a relation to Joel above, was a Simon Kemp, Tishomingo County,Chickasaw Nation. Mt records show Joel made a statement in front of Simon stating how Joel wanted his estate to be handled.
I know these are not very recent names and dates, but if the family Kemp resided in the area for some time it may be that they were related to these individuals. I believe that Joel may have had a child, Benjamin F. Kemo, also.
Hope this helps you!

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 2:10PM GMT
Surnames: KEMP, WORLEY, COLLINS, HICE
Patricia, I too am searching for my Kemp family line.. I am searching for a Tom Kemp born around the mid to late 1800's was thought Tennessee, but am told he was of indian decent too. He was a big strong man and was called a loner, he was a magnificent wood carver, used broken glass as his carving tool.. He was in Brilliant, marion County in 1930's with his cousin and her family Sarah "Sally" Worley Collins, she dipped snuff and people would come for miles around and ask her to remove warts or moles, she would put her finger in her mouth of snuff say and incantation while covering the growth with her finger, remove her finger and growth would fall off.. some called her a witch, she said she was an indian and was taught that by her mother (unknown) mother. anything you can give is a step forward. God Bless Janie

Tamara Wright (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2003 4:52PM GMT
Does anyone have any Kemp relatives that come from McAlester Ok or around about there? I am looking for the ancester for my children. They are Choctaw but it is so hard to find them.... I think alot of them were born at home so there are no birth certificates... Please if anyone has any info please let me know. Thank you in advance...

Tamara

Wanda Irby (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2003 5:45PM GMT
My Kemp relatives were suppose to be Indian too but Chickasaw not Choctay. There were Kemps who were chiefs in the Chickasaw Nation.

Wanda Irbycst.net (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2003 5:52PM GMT
My great grandfather was Thomas Lafayette Kemp b. 1848 in TN. but while they were suppose to have and Indian connection believed to be Chickasaw, I have not found it though there were Kemps who were chief in the Chicksaw Nation.

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 8:01PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jun 2004 7:59PM GMT
Surnames: KEMP WORLEY HICE COLLINS JORDEN
Wanda, sounds great!! maybe we connect, do you know Thomas' siblings, did any of his daughters marry a Worley?
I know my Tom Kemp was in late 30's early 40's in 1935-36 the last time he was seen by the Worley-Collins families..My dad always said he was a wonderful person and he admired him greatly.. Do you know the names of Thomas Kemps wife and children, do you have a connection to the Jordon(not sure of spelling) family? Tom Kemp was cousin to Bryant Lenard Worley and Sarah "Sallie" Worley Hice Collins..Praying we can make a family connection here. my e-mail is: jchristian50@hotmail.com Please let me hear from you Thanks and God Bless You. Janie

Posted: 16 Aug 2003 2:35AM GMT
My childrens' ancesters were choctaw, chicksaw and pawnee.

Posted: 16 Aug 2003 2:35AM GMT
My childrens' ancesters were choctaw, chicksaw and pawnee.

Posted: 26 Nov 2010 4:51AM GMT
Hi I,m mark kemp my dad was from blanco Ok and his father was martin kemp,he still has other children out in that area
wayne,robert,april,dawn, facebook,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.