Search for content in message boards

Book on Handrick

Book on Handrick

Posted: 20 Jan 2001 8:32AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jan 2004 3:51AM GMT
There is a book of interest to those with Counties
Wexford or Wicklow , Ireland ancestry...."Ten Generations of The Handricks of Mount Leinster".
Published 1992 by author Rory Murphy.Spelling of name Hendrick could vary to Henrick, Handrick or Hendrick even within the same immediate family generation. Book no longer in print and difficult to locate. Would suggest you write to: Mr. Rory Murhpy- Bunclody, County Wexford- Ireland (no zip required).

Re: Book on Handrick

Della Dupuis (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2005 11:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hanrick/ Balfe/ Brien
Hello Jerry,
In 2001 you wrote to RootsWeb with information on Rory Murphy's book, "Ten Generations of The Handricks of Mount Leinster". From the net I understand that Mr. Murphy has since died.

I am researching my Hendrick family in Canada and have traced them back to my gggrandfather Michael Hendrick(b. 1790) m. to Margaret Balfe from Kennystown, County Wicklow and my ggggrandfather Denis Hanrick(circa 1770) m. to Mary Brien, Borris, County Carlow.
I have baptismal records for the children of Michael and Denis from Wicklow and Carlow.

I am interested in Mr. Murphys book as it probably gives more information on my family. Would you know how I could obtain a copy or at the very least obtaint access to the material.

I live in Ottawa, Ontario Canada. Michael Hendrick and Margaret Balfe came to this area sometime between 1836 and 1843. Their first appearance is when their son Denis died in Old Chelsea, Quebec(Old Chelsea is very close to Ottawa, Ontario).

If you are interested in the Canadian Hendricks, let me know.

Many thanks, Della Hendrick Dupuis

Posted: 6 Sep 2005 6:52PM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2006 7:27PM GMT
Happy to hear from you Della. Rory Murphy did indeed pass away a few years ago. Perhaps one of Rory's children could lead you towards a copy of his book. His dau., Barbara Anne Murphy is vice-chair of County Wexford Council and you could contact her through their website. Very hard to find a copy. I bought last copy that the printer's office had in Enniscorthy and then was fool enough to lend my copy to a would- be writer from England and will never see it again. Try Kenny's Bookstore and Art Gallery in Galway or Eason & Son in Dublin and if anyone has it they will. You can search their inventory on line. Kennystown is so close to Buncloudy area and your Hendrick/Handrick might be in the book. Rory always told me that the Hendrick Clan of old lived on northside of the Slaney River and northeast of Bunclody. Will email more details.

Posted: 15 Dec 2008 3:30AM GMT
I am a relative of Rory Murphy and I have a copy of the book somewhere. Also I could link you to the person who has taken up Rory's work.

Posted: 15 Dec 2008 8:42PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. If you could send me the e-mail address of the person who has taken up Rory's work that would be much appreciated. I would be interested in acquiring a copy of the publication. Also they might have advanced Rory's research regarding the 'Hendrick' connection.
If you wish to discuss this offline that would be fine with me. My e-mail address is mcdjmd@rogers.com.

Della Dupuis

Posted: 5 Feb 2009 4:12AM GMT
Surnames: handrick
I am a member of the Hendrick family from County Wexford. you will be able to get all the info. on the late Rory Murphys book on www.bunclody.net/handrick's/
Hope this is helpful to you. I do have a hard copy of my cousin's book, but it is all on line now and it is being maintained by another member of our family. Hope you enjoy the reading and the pictures. It is nice to say hello to another member of my family.
Mary

Posted: 5 Feb 2009 12:09PM GMT
Surnames: Hendrick, Hendricks, Hendrix
Is it possible that a living male member of this family would agree to participate in the Hendricks NDA Project?

Posted: 5 Feb 2009 12:15PM GMT
Surnames: Hendrick, Hendricks, Hendrix
Fat fingers, too early in the morning. Make that Hendricks DNA Project.

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/hendricks/default.aspx

Posted: 5 Feb 2009 2:56PM GMT
Thank you so much for the information on Rory's book. My family lived(circa 1840) quite close to the Wexford border in Kennystown, County Wicklow. We are probably connected but more research is needed.
D. Dupuis

Posted: 24 May 2009 8:38PM GMT
Surnames: Hendrick Ryan
HI
My GG grandmother was a Mary Hendrick who married a Thomas Ryan from Tinnecarrig near Borris in Carlow. Her parents may have lived in Ballinagrane, again near Borris, Mary and Thomas were married in 1843. Have you got any details of them. Any help would be much appreciated.
regards
Liz Sweeney
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.