Search for content in message boards

Azubah Bradshaw & William Clarke possibly of Enterprise Ontario

Azubah Bradshaw & William Clarke possibly of Enterprise Ontario

Helen Mildon (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2002 12:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Nov 2002 12:15PM GMT
Surnames: Bradshaw, Clarke, Rombough, Bowen
Searching for information on my great grandparents Azubah Bradshaw and William Clarke. She was the daughter of James Bradshaw Jr. and Peggy Bowen. Any assistance would be appreciated.

William Bradshaw m. Deborah Herns

gmarieboice (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2002 4:46PM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2002 12:16PM GMT
Surnames: Bradshaw, Clarke, Herns
I have a "collateral of a collateral" tie in with your line. James' son William Bradshaw (one of several desc. of the original Wm. to UC) md. Deborah Herns and the Herns line is my direct line, although not Deborah. If you peruse the <www.familysearch.org>; and the library catalog at that site there are "books, manuscripts, etc" available via film loan to a local library near you (site also at that address.) As you are probably well aware the Bradshaw's were UE Loyalists to UC andd there are "land petitions" for those names you seek-all of which I have accessed at a local library via film order.--same films as at any PAC's.

Re: Azubah Bradshaw & William Clarke possibly of Enterprise Ontario

Posted: 17 Oct 2004 11:25PM GMT
Surnames: Bradshaw, Clarke
Have recently discovered Azubah and William living in Richmond Township. Also learned that from her date of birth, Azubah was the daughter of David Bradshaw and Mary Polly Carter and not James and Peggy as I previously thought. Many sites list a marriage to an Eli Phillips. However, our family history indicates as do other records that Azubah was married to William Clarke. I know that William is buried at the cemetery in Selby but am still seeking further information on Azubah, my great great grandmother.

Posted: 24 Nov 2008 7:29AM GMT
How would I have Azubah Bradshaw, Christened 15 Jan 1806 at Fredricksburg married to John Grant?

Posted: 24 Nov 2008 7:32AM GMT
David Bradshaw was born 29 May 1798 @ Fredricksburg and died 9 Apr 1869 @ Forrest Mills. He married Mary Carter abt 1817. She was born 10 Aug 1799 and died 19 Mar 1871.

I have no children for this couple. How does Azubah Bradshaw fit in?

Posted: 24 Nov 2008 2:03PM GMT
Surnames: Bradshaw, Clark, Clarke, Carter, Phillips
Hi Gord, I see you were replying to a couple of messages posted by a lady named Helen who has an ancestor named Azubah Bradshaw.

Helen if you are still researching, please reply to this message as I would like to see what your lineage is back to Azubah and William Clarke. I don't have this couple in my files.

I do have 1798 David Bradshaw and 1799 Mary Polly Carter in my files with eleven children including an Azubah born Dec. 22, 1828, but have her married to an Eli Phillips. I have no date of marriage for them and don't know if this is correct.

I would like to make sure I have correct info in my own files and would like to know more about Helen's Clarke-Bradshaw ancestors. Will help any way I can with info I have in my files or can search for answers. Do you have Bradshaw ancestors too Gord?

Nora

Posted: 24 Nov 2008 3:33PM GMT
Surnames: Bradshaw, Clark, Clarke, Carter, Phillips, Vallier, Lasher
My profound apologies Helen and Gord- I do have William Clark in my files, married to Azubah Bradshaw, daughter of David Bradshaw and Mary Carter. She may have been married to Eli Philiips also, no data, perhaps he died before she married William Clark (or this may be wrong info altogether that she was ever married to Eli).

I think this Azubah must have died fairly young, no dod for her. Have names of four children, Horatio Clark born 1845, wife was Susannah; John 1848, no further info on John; Sarah Ann about 1850 married to Nathan Vallier, four children; and Mary Emily Clark who was married to Milton Mark Rombough and had eight children. This is Helen's line- Rombough/Clark.

Same William Clark re-married to Ann Elizabeth Lasher, d/of Andrew and Susannah on Nov. 14, 1861. Ann Elizabeth was first married to Peter Vallier and had at least six children. Above mentioned Nathan Vallier who married her step-daughter Sarah Ann Clark was one of her sons.

There is a death June 11, 1887 at Richmond in L & A County of a William Clark- must be him, age 71 years and 9 months.

I can't find a death for Ann Elizabeth however, and I have not done a lot of searching to see what hap. to her family and to the Clark "kids", but it appears they went to Algoma District, Victoria County, Hastings County, Brockville and Muskoka District.

Nora

Posted: 11 Dec 2008 8:59PM GMT
I am related to Milton Mark Rombough, son of William Anthony Rombough and Almeda Williams, who married Mary Emily Clark, daughter of William Clark and Azubah Bradshaw

I am NOT related to Azubah Bradshaw b:1806, daughter of James Bradshaw and Margaret (Peggy) Bowen unless Azubah, who married John Grant was later or earlier married William Clark.

I call all of these Bradshaw's my New England line of Bradshaw's. I have extensive information on this line - even though it is not my line.

I am a direct descendant of John Bradshaw and Mary Drew whom I refer to as my Irish Bradshaw line.

Subject: [BRADSHAW-L] Ireland > NY > Canada > NY > midwest
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 11:28:11 EDT

Here is my husband's BRADSHAW line; as per two written family histories written by grandson John Bradshaw in 1881, Rochester, MN & Chas. Currier gg grandson, 1902, Chicago, IL.

John BRADSHAW, probably s/o of a Wm. Bradshaw b. 1761 Ireland, removed from Armagh, (near Belfast) No. Ireland bef. the Rev. War & settled in Stockholm / Albany, NY. Shortly there after was taken prisoner by Indians & "others" from Canada & brought to Canada where he was kept a prisoner for some time. He complied with requirements, took an Oath of Allegiance & became a British subject & was freed. Served 1880 [should be 1780] in the Kings Royal Regiment. After the war he married ? [Mary Drew from his WILL] & resided in OSNABRUCK, CANADA. Children of this marriage were -

** Robert (my husband's line); James, William, Nancy who m. David MC WILLIAMS; Mary who m. Jacob PABST; Jane; Margaret who m. Jacob RAMBOUGH & Eliz. who m. John COLLINS. No other info on these siblings except for ***ROBERT.

**Robert BRADSHAW b. abt. 1780 Osnabruck, Canada & d. abt. 1862 m. abt. 1800 in Canada to Christiana FLINN b. abt. 1783 & d. abt. 1831 of Scottish descent. Robert is buried Freeport, Stephenson Co., IL. Their children - the first 3 born in OSNABRUCK, CANADA, the rest b. in POTSDAM, ST. LAWRENCE CO., NY.

CHILDREN OF ROBERT & CHRISTIANA (FLINN) BRADSHAW
Have added names of their grandchildren still living in 1902 & their place of residence in 1902.

1. Mary m. David CURRIER of Potsdam, NY - Chas. L. (Chicago, IL); Robert S. (Aurora, IL); James B. (Freeport, IL) & David G. (Minneapolis, MN)
2. Margaret m. ____CROMBIE of Canada - Wm. & Alexander (Montreal, Canada) & Robert (near Montreal)
3. Rev. John b. 10 Nov. 1811 & d. 1899 MN m. *1st in 1839 to Sarah Fasset WILLIAMS of Mooers / Potsdam, NY -2nd in 1883 Charlotte O'DAY - * Wm. J., Rev. (Oberlin, OH) - I have an 18 page published bio of his life & career.
4. Jennet m. Horsy WASHBURN - David (IA) & Harvery (MN)
5. Judith m. Francis TOWNSEND - Martha NELSON (MN), Christiana NELSON (Onieda, IL) & Martha RUSSELL (Chicago, IL)
6. David M. m. Hariet POMROY - Mrs. Chas SQUIRES (Chicago, IL)
7. William - never married
8. Rebecca m. John BARNES
9. Elizabeth - never married
10.Martha B. 3 May 1824 & d. 28 Aug. 1902 m. Chas. Ridgway SHREVE - Thos. Wistar (Martins Ferry, OH) [my husband's grandfather]
11.James Henry - never married
12.Hester m. 1st James C. Medill & 2nd James SAXTON

As of 1902 all of the above children of Robert & Christiana (FLINN) BRADSHAW were deceased except for #10 Martha who lived in Martins Ferry, OH & #12 Hester who lived in Chicago, IL.

Cpl John Bradshaw's daughter Nancy Posted by: Linda McDonald
Date: July 06, 2001 at 09:48:50 In Reply to: Cpl John Bradshaw UEL Born abt 1761 by Gord Adams

Gord,
Can't help you much with John Bradshaw, but his daughter Nancy was one of my husband's ancestors. She was said to be from "Asnabruck." Her first husband David McWilliams died and she married again. McWilliams "had been downed while on a horse back journey to look after his UEL land." She married David Brown of Mountain township of Dundas Co., Ontario, Canada. David's first wife, Margaret Guernsey, died there in 1806. David Brown was also a UEL loyalist and was from Vermont. From thier second marriage, Nancy & David Brown had 9 children.
The only source I have besides family tradition, is what I found in "Loyalist Lineages of Canada," Vol II, Part 1, p. 116, where there is a list of John Bradshaw's seven childen, which included Nancy and her husband David McWilliams. It said John was in the King's Royal Regiment of New York.
I see from your other forum posting that John Bradshaw was born in 1760, and married to Sarah Videtto? [False marriage] Do you have other information about them that you could share?
Thanks.

Linda

Posted: 16 Oct 2009 2:33AM GMT
Surnames: Bradshaw, Grant, Wagar
Azubah, daughter of James Bradshaw, and John Grant, Blacksmith, both of Thurlow were married in 1824 in Belleville. Azubah's brother Asahel Bradshaw was a witness. Their daughter Almira married Leonard Wagar of Sheffield.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2006-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.