Search the Boards

Search Results for "obediah" - 154 Messages

per page

Re: Shall We Collect All the Info We Can About Early Clark Co. KY Hampton's? Posted on: 23 Dec 2013, by  HamptonDuncan

Surnames > Hampton

...only working with an index right now. I'll have to find the document. I've also discovered that the Obediah (Obed) who was in Clark Co. came from Rowan Co., NC.

Re: George w cobb Posted on: 01 Jan 2014, by  PaSain

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Montgomery

I am not related, you can omit Allen Cobb and Perlina Ann Hamblin as parents of George W Cobb. That George Cobb was still living with father in 1880 census. Your George W Cobb was born abt 1851. Geo...

Re: Summers from MD to: NC, KY, TN Posted on: 01 Jan 2014, by  bsp46

Surnames > Summers

I have: Obediah b. 1781 MD m. Edith Livedin KY ILL MO d. KS Harden b.1797 NC/IL m. Jane Grayham, Mary McDowell Livedin KY ILL MO d. KS Robert b. 1830 IL/MO m. Jane...

Re: overla Posted on: 02 Jan 2014, by  Gary Overla

Surnames > Overla

...area, married her, and raised a family. He passed in the late 1940's, 1949 I believe. I also know that Obediah is an ancestor of mine as well, through research done by my aunt, Helen Keating, a daughter of ...

Re: Daniel/Lewis Ackley Posted on: 04 Jan 2014, by  yvonne ackley

Surnames > Ackley

...in 1818 ? im pretty sure lewis is my great, great, great grandfather. #1, lewis ackley b. 1818 . #2.obediah ackley b.1847. milton obed ackley b.1884. #4 (my grandfather) obed john ackley b. 1919. the ackl...

Re: Hooper Ramey Posted on: 06 Jan 2014, by  maeinva21

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Trinity

...Chambers 6 Jan 1881 Lunenburg, VA, d. 28 Apr 1836 DeKalb, GA. Their childredn were Thomas, Milly, Mary, Obediah, and James. He served in the Revolutionary War. His father, Obediah Hooper also served in the war. ...

Re: Hooper Ramey Posted on: 06 Jan 2014, by  maeinva21

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Trinity

...Alsey Drennan. Thomas C. Hooper was the son of James Hooper and Elizabeth Chambers. He was the son of Obediah Hooper and Massilva Brooks. Both Obediah and James Hooper had service in the Revolutionary War. The ...

Re: Jackson lineage Posted on: 15 Jan 2014, by  JanWaugh

Surnames > Jackson

John, I see at the http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/ you can select Any State, but type in Obadiah and again spelled Obediah Jan

Parents of Obediah John Britt Posted on: 15 Jan 2014, by  DEBRITT69

Surnames > Britt

I am seeking any information on the parents of Obediah John Britt(1799-1838) and his wife Ava Horton(1802-1884). The were from Crawford county Georgia.

Parentage of Thompson Utley, b. abt 1812 Posted on: 22 Jan 2014, by  gkmoody

Surnames > Utley

...verify parents of Thompson Utley (1812 - 1865), m 1835 to Susannah Campbell. I believe his parents to be Obediah Utley and Jane Thompson, This Obediah's parents might be Obediah Utley of Goochland VA and his first ...

Dau. of Pierce and Martha Whigham-Salary - Barbour County, Alabama Posted on: 23 Jan 2014, by  Contribution

Surnames > Whigham

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – Memorial services will be at noon on Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014, for Mrs. Charlotte Harvey, 86, who departed this life Saturday, Jan. 18, 2014, at her home. Charlotte was born Aug. 18...

The Prichards of Maryland Posted on: 25 Jan 2014, by  progressivere...

Surnames > Pritchard

...Ancestral home. the Northside of the Gunpowder in Bush, Harford Md at the time of the American Revoltuion. Obediah Prichard/Pritchard married Margaret who was grandma to Charles Anderson. See the Charles A...

Re: Harriet Delila Brannon Posted on: 27 Jan 2014, by  twotzus

Surnames > Brannon

Obediah Brannon was Willis Brannon's (and Susan Cato) son. Harriet Delilah Brannon was the daughter of John Brannon (Willis's older brother) and his wife, Sarah Cato (Susan Cato's sister). Obediah Brannon was my g...

Re: Obediah Bennet Hayden Posted on: 29 Jan 2014, by  mhennigan2

Surnames > Hayden

Capt Hayden serverd with my ggg Uncle in the 9th. Thanks to him he wrote some information on the last minutes of Capt. Hobson, Co. E, on 12/17/1864. Much obliged to him for the information

Re: Toliver Hooper (b: abt 1800 died abt 1846 Pontotoc Mississippi) Posted on: 29 Jan 2014, by  david_k_carte...

Surnames > Hooper

...Hoopers in the same records books who were appraisers of other estates as well as exec and heirs to Obediah Hooper's will in 1800. Obediah's will in 1800 lists sons James, Thomas, John, Obediah, Matthew and daugh...

DID U TAKE THE SPENCER DNA TEST VIA SHGS'S FAMILY TREE DNA COMPANY TEST?? Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by  dimari1

Surnames > Spencer

ANYONE WHO TOOK THE SHGS's familytree DNA test for the Spencers--and ended up in GROUP 1--the 4bros.group--i would LOVE to have CONTACT with Any of you---(guys or gals who had their male relation take...

OBEDIAH JEFFERSON HAMMOND, Knox County, Kentucky Posted on: 06 Feb 2014, by  LoisSergent54

Surnames > Hammond

...is the son of JOSEPH and NANCY SPURLOCK HAMMONS. JOSEPH was born in Knox County, Kentucky, the son of OBEDIAH JEFFERSON HAMMONS III and SUSANNAH GARLAND HAMMONS. Both OBEDIAH the III and SUSANNA HAMMONS died in Kno...

Re: James Chism Posted on: 06 Feb 2014, by  Belinda Dawn ...

Surnames > Chism

The George Washington Chism who's parents were Obediah P Chism and Rebekah Gaylon married at least twice. G.W. was my great great grandfather. His children with his wife Mary Jane Arnold Upchurch (she also ...

Re: STRANGE, Alexander (1665-1725) & possible descendant Emily/Edith Posted on: 10 Feb 2014, by  Paula Furner

Surnames > Strange

...(probated 28 Nov 1814 Halifax VA): Nathaniel Jeremiah Rachel Judith Mary Littlebury Stephen Rebekah Obediah No Edith, of course. She was probably old enough to be Littlebury's sister. The Henry Strange of...

Re: Obediah Worth George Posted on: 12 Feb 2014, by  dmworth11

Surnames > Worth

Did you ever get an answer to your inquiry? My 6th G-Grandfather was named Obediah Worth, with that spelling on his first name. Perhaps I can help?

Re: Obediah Dixon Bible Posted on: 17 Feb 2014, by  ryang21

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Greene

My great aunt has this Bible in her possession. It has information from two sides of my family (mothers-Dixon and father's-Sugg). I am trying to find a family tree for Stern Dixon? Is it public?

Re: Benjamin F. Bounds Posted on: 20 Feb 2014, by  hgirdley

Surnames > Bounds

...ancestry beyond) and Cindrilla JOHNSON (not clear on her ancestry). Our link is through Benjamin's brother Obediah.

Re: Help with Houston County research Posted on: 26 Feb 2014, by  SueDixey

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Houston

My Elizabeth was formerly Elizabeth Wynn, her father was Obediah Wynn based on my research. I suspect she headed to Texas and was following her son John W. Johns wife is thought to be Tabitha Red whose Re...

Buckley, Elizabeth – wife of Michael Palmer (b. England 1600s -son of William Palmer) Posted on: 27 Feb 2014, by  bchpink1

Surnames > Buckley

Buckley, Elizabeth – wife of Michael Palmer (b. England 1600s -son of William Palmer) From a book found on HeritageQuestOnline.com Title: "300" American ancestors of Leon R. Brown Authors...

David R. Hall B: 09 Feb 1835 Morgan county, Ind. - 03 Dec 1906 Tipton county, Ind. Posted on: 28 Feb 2014, by  Gloria Carter

Surnames > Hall

...married Catherine Hickman in 1862. The obituary mentions that David leaves five brothers and sisters: Obediah Hall, of Texas; William Hall, Mrs Celia Dobson and Mrs Lucy Dean, of Lily, Illinois; and Mrs Ja...

Re: Parents of Obediah John Britt Posted on: 03 Mar 2014, by  sbritt136

Surnames > Britt

I too would like any information on the parents of Obediah John Britt and Ava Britt Hortman. I am descended from their son Obediah David (O.D.) Britt.

Obidah Rager (Pennsylvania) Posted on: 04 Mar 2014, by  soniabech69

Surnames > Rager

...Elliott has his father as OBIDAH RAGER born in Pa. I cannot find any other mention of an Obidah (or Obediah, etc...) Rager. Has anyone else come across an Obidah Rager? For the death certificate, this is t...

Re: Parents of Obediah John Britt Posted on: 04 Mar 2014, by  costaridev

Surnames > Britt

...daughter, Jeanie Britt. I have traced back to my granddaddy Charlie Oscar Britt to his dad Artemus Britt to Obediah was my great great grandfather. So my question is was Obediah David the son of Obediah John Britt?

Re: Parents of Obediah John Britt Posted on: 04 Mar 2014, by  Susan Britt

Surnames > Britt

...she would also love to hear from you. Her phone number is 334.244.9845. to answer your question, yes Obediah David is the 8th ...

Obediah Cook and his son Charles Cottingham Cook Posted on: 05 Mar 2014, by  cbarnes241

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Buncombe

...County, Delaware around 1748. I have everything to prove this patriot except the connection between Obediah Cook, born 24 Dec 1780 in Onslow County, NC and his son Charles Cottingham Cook, born 16 Oct 1804 ...

Re: Woodards in Lauderdale co.,Tn Posted on: 06 Mar 2014, by  lruff001

Surnames > Woodard

You may be correct about the connections. I forgot about J A Woodard's witnessing the marriage of John H. I hope you can unravel the mystery. I've tried. I'm going to send you all the docs I have ...

Re: Edwin Hammons, s/o Obediah II Posted on: 08 Mar 2014, by  bonniejohanne...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Knox

I am Bonnie Darlene Bright, daughter of Elijah Bright and Odessa Lambert not from Ky. Obie Bright and Armenda Rinker are my grand parents. Obie was brom Ky 1881. His parents were Davis Bright and Sus...

Re: Parents of Obediah John Britt Posted on: 08 Mar 2014, by  DEBRITT69

Surnames > Britt

I am researching that now. The response I am getting (from the Georgia Dept. of Archives) is that his family came from Virginia, probably the Albemarle area. Because I am retired,I have a lot of tim...

hudson > tennessee Posted on: 10 Mar 2014, by  Randall Hudso...

Surnames > Hudson

I have a obediah hudson as a 3-great grandfather b.1791 N. C. d. 1883 Cocke Cty, Tn.

Re: Obadiah Skidgel - New Brunswick, Canada Posted on: 12 Mar 2014, by  jgenness

Surnames > Skidgel

...Brunswick Canada. I think Obadiah Skidgel is a very great uncle. Not sure yet. This is what I have. Obediah Tompkin had a daughter named Mary that married Hendrick Skidgel. Their son Eleazor Skidgel married...

Re: ROBERTSON FAMILY Posted on: 14 Mar 2014, by  grscheel

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Scurry

My grandfather James Obediah Radford was a younger brother of Lilly Francis Radford Finch. We have a lot of material ,if you sre interested. Other Finch/ Coppedge family members have access to our info and h...

Lewis family from Hickman Co. Tn or Lewis Co. Tn Posted on: 14 Mar 2014, by  DonnaMathison...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > General

..."Polly" Boothe maiden name was Lewis. She was born abt. 1770 to 1780. In 1820 she is living next to Obediah Lewis and James Lewis. In 1812 there is a petition signed by a Jobe Lewis. When she d...

Re: The Ellusive Radford's evolved Posted on: 14 Mar 2014, by  grscheel

Surnames > Radford

...Radford n Elizabeth Maxey, son Reuben n Elizabeth Hackworth Radford moved from VA to Madison Vo GA, son Obediah, his son Obediah A n Lucy Rogerswho moved to Tx, buried unmarked graves Mt Pisgah Cemetery Leon Co TX ...

Re: Obediah Jones Posted on: 20 Mar 2014, by  Deanna Jones-...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Chambers

Possible welsh descent Obadiah Jones married Mary Smith 1828 South Carolina Robertson Jones -- killed in battle civil war Laura Jones married William Ponder Prior Cantrell Jones --- my great great gre...

Re: John Mitchell Roberts m. Maria Thompson 1821 Posted on: 20 Mar 2014, by  Marilyn Onoda

Surnames > Roberts

John Roberts and Martha Tate had 6 sons: John, David Elijah, Elisha Judson, Obediah, Hezikiah died young (twin to Obediah) and Isaac Newton. My lineage is through David. This was originially posted in 2002. Do you...

Re: Joseph Jowers and Bethany Rewis Posted on: 21 Mar 2014, by  silverbuck

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Coffee

...I am researching Bethany Rewis Powers sister, Martha Rewis. I recently discovered that their father, Obediah Rewis, was arrested in July, 1860 for the murder of his wife, Rhoda Ward Rewis. I am trying to fin...

Re: Andrew Jackson Vaughan, Ruebin Vaughan, Obediah Vaughan, & Richard Tuck of St. Clair Co, MO Posted on: 22 Mar 2014, by  LendaTuck84

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > St > Clair

In my research, I found that Elizabeth Jane Tuck Birth July 27, 1851 in Gerster, Oceola St. Clair County Missouri Death June 10, 1873 in Gerster, Oceola St. Clair County Missouri married: A...

Thomas Aaron Caudill Posted on: 23 Mar 2014, by  joanne103135

Surnames > Caudill

...Jane Caudill & Thomas G. Jones #10 Catherine Caudill & John M. Jones #11 Agnes Caudill & Obediah Chisholm, Jr

Williams Families of Onslow County, NC and Monmouth County, NJ Posted on: 23 Mar 2014, by  Batjac11

Surnames > Williams

...Shrewsbury, Monmouth County, New Jersey, in the mid-to-late 1700's? Both families used the given names Obediah and Hezekiah for their children during that time period, and while not uncommon names, they are...

Re: Related to John Nance Garner Posted on: 24 Mar 2014, by  dippig

Surnames > Garner

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x All of Ge...

Joseph McGilbert Jefferson - Beaufort, NC Posted on: 27 Mar 2014, by  Ryan Jefferso...

Surnames > Jefferson

...my gggrandfather and I am having trouble finding anything prior to him. I believe his parents were Obediah and Melvina Slocum but nothing definitive. Can anyone help?

Re: Jefferson Posted on: 27 Mar 2014, by  southgeorgial...

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Beaufort

Ryan, Yes I have them as brothers, their parents are Obediah Doyle and Melvina Solcum Jefferson of Beaufort, NC. In 1840 Obediah has 5 sons plus himself, its seems very likely that there are in fact brothers. In 1...

Re: Jefferson Posted on: 27 Mar 2014, by  Ryan Jefferso...

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Beaufort

Jennifer - I will be honest, I did not expect anyone to respond to this for years so thank you! I do have Obediah Doyle and Melvina as McGilbert's parents so glad to see that is probably accurate. I recent...

Re: Family of William Sutton Husselbee Posted on: 28 Mar 2014, by  malcingram38

Surnames > Husselbee

...no dates sibling john joseph 1794 dudley worscestshire =mary ann jones 1800 siblings joseph 1823 obediah 1826-99=elizabeth plimer 1830-1902 siblings john joseph 1869=1908 alfred edward 1853 birmingham d 1...

Re: Rewis's Posted on: 01 Apr 2014, by  silverbuck

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Coffee

I too am researching Rewis's in Coffee County. The branch that I am interested in is Obediah Rewis. He and his wife, Rhoda Ward, had three daughters. Martha is the one that I am trying to track down. If yo...

per page
© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.