Search the Boards

Search Results for "obediah" - 149 Messages

per page

Re: now Suit over Piles Grove boundaries Posted on: 30 May 2014, by  Valerie_Caulf...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Jersey > Counties > Salem

...acres dated 10 Feb 1764 granted to William Heulings (WJS:512) 495 acres conveyed to to Samuel Linch, Obediah Lloyd and Jacob Nelson on May 15, 1764. Puruant thereto, Linch, Lloyd and Jacob Nelson secured th...

Rhoda Morrow, wife of Obediah Coley, Dallas County, Alabama Posted on: 03 Jun 2014, by  kupac_1

Surnames > Morrow

Rhoda is my 3rd great grandmother, and since doing DNA testing, I have found several matches with the Peden family, which contains a Jane Peden/Pedan (1737-1830) who married Robert Morrow and moved to...

Re: Townsley-Beards of Washington state Posted on: 04 Jun 2014, by  pacificforest...

Surnames > Beard

...spoke of was named Annie Elizabeth Beard. She was born 20 Dec 1858 in Wisconsin. Annie's Father was Obediah Allen Beard, born 26 July 1835, in Carroll county, Ohio. Annie married E. E. Dickens. Annie a...

Re: Townsley-Beards of Washington state Posted on: 06 Jun 2014, by  pacificforest...

Surnames > Beard

...Great-Granddaughter of Annie Elizabeth / Elizabeth Annie Baird/Beard Dickens(born in Wisconsin), daughter of Obadiah/Obediah Baird/Beard.

WWI Veterans - SIX NATIONS OF THE GRAND RIVER Posted on: 08 Jun 2014, by  tceigh

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Brant

> >> The following is the list of WWI - Six Nations of the Grand River Veterans that has been compiled by the Woodland Cultural Centre, if anyone has any information, photos, medals, service ...

Re: Death of Mr. Clarence Augustine LeCato in Cuba Posted on: 09 Jun 2014, by  ronarica

Surnames > LeCato

My great grandfather was Obediah LeCato (I believe son of Nathaniel James Walter LeCato with a woman named Mary). Obediah's son, Clarence, fought in Cuba during about 1898-1902. Afterwards, he settled there....

Re: Townsley-Beards of Washington state in SPOKANE Posted on: 10 Jun 2014, by  pacificforest...

Surnames > Beard

...Gloria, We have connected before about these people of ours. I do have two wives for my gggrandfather, Obediah A. Beard/Baird, and info on them. Most of the Beard info that I have is not all my work, and...

William Roper of Sumner County, TN - Additional Records Posted on: 11 Jun 2014, by  batchelorw

Surnames > Roper

In searching the Internet for additional clues on the identity of the William Roper of Sumner County, TN, I came across two additional sources of information. Stephen Calvin Gregory was born on July ...

Will of William Cornwell, Henry Co, VA, 1837 Posted on: 25 Jun 2014, by  CindyMcC

Surnames > Cornwell

WILLIAM CORNWELL WILL HENRY COUNTY SON OF OBEDIAH CORNWELL 1837 I WILLIAM CORNWELL of HENRY COUNTY and State of Virginia do hereby make my last will and testament in manner and form following that is to say...

Re: William B. Alexander, Anson NC 1750's Posted on: 27 Jun 2014, by  tra3lw8

Surnames > Alexander

...the Alexanders I've seen researched. Benj. is a documented Rev. War veteran. Benjamin had two sons, Obediah and William, apparently born in SC circa 1782 to 1790. Eventually the family line ends up in AL. ...

Joseph E. MEGUIAR 12421 - Simpson County Posted on: 29 Jun 2014, by  sgorin

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Sandi Gorin's Kentucky Biographies

...and Benjamin D. Joseph E. has been twice married; first, January 11, 1849, to Malinda E., daughter of Obediah and Agnes (Caudill) Chisholm, of Robertson County, Tenn. (born September 22, 1830, died June 20, ...

Re: Kendrick"s in Arkansas Posted on: 01 Jul 2014, by  Ed Harden

Surnames > Kendrick

Hello, Jack, I have been searching for an Obediah Kendrick recently, as my dad has taken interest in searching our family tree. I believe I may be related. I saw another thread where you had posted: &qu...

Re: Obediah Russell Kendrick Posted on: 03 Jul 2014, by  Charles Harde...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Arkansas > Counties > Pope

...She may be the Etta you mentioned. Her father I believe was James Anderson Lafayette Kendrick, son of Obediah Russel Kendrick. My e-mail address is Zapper.1933@live.com. If you want to communicate via e-m...

Re: Parentage of Thompson Utley, b. abt 1812 Posted on: 08 Jul 2014, by  sarahhargrave...

Surnames > Utley

I believe your Obediah Utley who married Jane Thompson was the son of John Utley of Kentucky (Fayette County). and wife Nancy Anne Clarkson. John's eldest son Josiah (wife Nancy Barker) could have been old ...

Re: Looking for male LOWDEN / LOUDEN descendants from NY and CT Posted on: 14 Jul 2014, by  Atreegrowsinb...

Topics > Ethnic / Race > Native American > Intertribal > New England

...Caroline's parents. The children I have in my Henry and Henrietta Lowden tree are as follows: Frank, Obediah, Selua (?), Augustus and George. I don't seem to have a Caroline as a daughter. Since you direct...

Re: Duckwith burials in Forest Lawn Cemetery, Orangeville Posted on: 20 Jul 2014, by  jsrawn

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Dufferin

Sorry this isn't the cemetery info, but here are the death regs., if that helps. They are all listed as "Duckworth". Ontario Deaths, 1869-1937 and Overseas Deaths, 1939-1947 Name: George...

Re: Obediah Campbell, James Jackson Campbell Descendants Posted on: 22 Jul 2014, by  Susan Fowle

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Columbia

Nicholas Campbell is my 3rd GGFather... His daughter Esther Campbell is my 2nd GGMother. I would love to know any information you may have on the family. Thank you.

Results of the Search For Mary Edge and Samuel Horton of GA and AL Posted on: 22 Jul 2014, by  oldcenter

Surnames > Edge

This is submitted with hopes of connecting with others who may contribute any corrections or more information to their story. From various postings on Anc.com and Genforum I began the search on this...

Results of the Search For Mary Edge and Samuel Horton of GA and AL Posted on: 22 Jul 2014, by  oldcenter

Surnames > Horton

This is submitted with hopes of connecting with others who may contribute any corrections or more information to their story. From various postings on Anc.com and Genforum I began the search on this...

Help needed - does this Richardson family look familiar? Posted on: 25 Jul 2014, by  chwilliams4

Surnames > Richardson

...Census & the 1860 US Census living with her parents but can’t find any other info on her. OBADIAH/OBEDIAH RICHARDSON born about 1837 in Maine. He was on the 1850 Census with his brother and sisters ...

Research Results for Seaborn Edge (Sr.) of GA and FL Posted on: 25 Jul 2014, by  oldcenter

Surnames > Edge

...four children still living in their household, being “Katy’s” children Mary, Seaborn and Obediah Edge and Ivy Cadenhead. The other Edge and Cadenhead children have been accounted f...

Re: Alfred M. Posted on: 28 Jul 2014, by  scotttrent69

Surnames > Trent

One little change to this post.... Nicholas was the s/o Obediah H.(enry) (Jr.) & Nancy (Mozeley/Moseley) Trent of Bedford/Amherst Co.'s, VA and the grandson of Capt. Henry Trent of Amherst Co., VA. Thus ...

Re: Martin L. Vaughn - my great great grandfather Posted on: 28 Jul 2014, by  wwmmvaughn

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Barren

Ginny, Martin and his father William are related to me through Obediah Vaughn out of Bedford county VA. William was married 16 Aug 1817 in Barren county KY. Obediah signed his marriage bond. I do have images of tha...

Re: trents in ky. Posted on: 01 Aug 2014, by  scotttrent69

Surnames > Trent

...have any other James's in these lines, tho it was said that every one of the brothers had a son named Obediah and James.... which according to Richard Trent of KY makes research very difficult.

looking for Harklnd Sewell birth record Posted on: 01 Aug 2014, by  wendy sewell

Localities > Caribbean > Jamaica > General

looking for Harklnd Sewell birth record born 25 July 1933 Jamaica Parish of St Mary. His farther's name is Obediah Sewell and his wife's name Agatha Sewell Born Jamaica.

Salome Rewood Posted on: 01 Aug 2014, by  wendy sewell

Localities > Caribbean > Jamaica > General

...Redwood and Harkland Sewell. Salome born 07 February 1940 Harkland Sewell born 25 July 1933 - Father: Obediah Sewell & Mother: Agatha Sewell Both born in the parish of St Mary, Jamaica

Re: Obediah H. Trent (1790-1865) Campbell Co., VA Posted on: 02 Aug 2014, by  scotttrent69

Surnames > Trent

(1)Gabriella's parents were Elisha & Frances (Herndon) Callaham of VA.... she was b. in Campbell Co., VA, md. 1st. James W.(atts) Terrell who was killed in the Civil War, the mother of their three...

Re: North Carolina Cherokee Hawkins Posted on: 03 Aug 2014, by  Melv25

Topics > Ethnic / Race > Native American > Nations > Cherokee > Cherokee (North Carolina)

Just briefly looking at the web you posted mentions Obediah Martin Benge. Might in fact be the same Obediah Benge that married an Elizabeth Ware in Surry County 1780's. You also have Rev War Vet Obediah Martin in Surry. H...

Re: North Carolina Cherokee Hawkins Posted on: 03 Aug 2014, by  Melv25

Topics > Ethnic / Race > Native American > Nations > Cherokee > Cherokee (North Carolina)

Obediah M Benge lists wife Sarah who may have been a second wife? https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N97W-XPK Others mentioned in pension James Green, James Sheppard, John Fielder, Obediah M Benge, Pollydore N...

Re: Nathaniel Sappington Descendants Posted on: 04 Aug 2014, by  celia1028

Surnames > Sappington

...Nathaniel Jr. to Sylvester Sappington to James Sappington to Kiziah Sappington to Kate Ballard to Emery Obediah Hedrick to David Hedrick (living/father) to Christa Hedrick (me). I would like to learn more a...

Re: Trent Family of England & VA Posted on: 04 Aug 2014, by  scotttrent69

Surnames > Trent

...VA)! The marriage bond was secured by a Henry Trent. Is it one of these previous Henry’s or one of our Obediah Henry’s or some other Henry?"

Re: Snowbirds Posted on: 05 Aug 2014, by  scotttrent69

Surnames > Trent

This Alfred M. Trent is part to the lineage lines from Obediah H.(enry) (Jr.?) Trent 7 Nancy (Moseley/Mozeley) Trent of Amherst/ Bedford/ Campbell Co.,'s in VA..... thru their son Nicholas & Rachel (Jare...

Re: Nehemiah Ross in KY & AR - 1807-1860 Posted on: 15 Aug 2014, by  cindylilleoie...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Jackson

...well as to the northwest of KC in Platte County, MO. There is a Noland Cemetery near Parkville with Obediah (family name) Nolands listed as being buried there. When I get a ...

Re: Nehemiah Ross in KY & AR - 1807-1860 Posted on: 15 Aug 2014, by  cindylilleoie...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Jackson

...created only once per decade; for example, the 1850 death record happens to have captured the death of Obediah Ross. While his death was untimely, his dying in the first year of a new decade provided us wit...

Re: MARTIN, Salathiel & Obadiah Posted on: 16 Aug 2014, by  stevesmith465...

Topics > Military > American Revolution > NorthCarolina

...with his wife, Mary Cook. Salathiel had two known brothers that served under him in the Revolution, Obediah and Joseph. They were sons of David Martin and Mary Mann. The pension file of Mary Martin, in Cl...

Re: obediah hall Posted on: 17 Aug 2014, by  Nathan_Parris...

Surnames > Hall

I have at least one of Obadiah's military pension records. He was disabled by 1900 but was divorced from Jane; she drew 1/2 of his pension and he the other. After Jane's death in 1912 Obadiah drew 100...

Re: Obadiah Gravitt Posted on: 21 Aug 2014, by  Hannah Tidwel...

Surnames > Gravitt

according to my researching Obediah Gravitt Sr and Millie Hammonds would be my 5 Great Grandparents, i would like to know if he has any Cherokee Ancestry.

descendent of old John Tidwell and Celia(Gravitt) Posted on: 21 Aug 2014, by  Hannah Tidwel...

Surnames > Gravitt

...there is a possibility of Cherokee connections, from where you follow Gravetts or Gravitts, back to Obediah Gravitt Sr and Millie Hammonds, As well as indian connections when I read about the Evans side wh...

Re: Obadiah Gravitt and Cherokee connection Posted on: 24 Aug 2014, by  Hannah Tidwel...

Surnames > Gravitt

Hi would that make Millie Hammond cherokee blood ? Bc she and Obediah Gravitt would be my 5th Great grandparents. Please let me know

Re: Obediah T. PATTERSON * John PATTERSON * Thomas PATTERSON Posted on: 28 Aug 2014, by  AleciaWagoner...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Elbert

I have a family story about "Uncle Tommy" Patterson. The story is from the grand-niece of Thomas Patterson, son of John and Margaret Baskin Patterson. HIs niece was Mary Patterson, my great-...

1860 Georgia Newspapers - Obediah Rewis Posted on: 29 Aug 2014, by  silverbuck

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Coffee

I am looking for any newspaper articles pertaining to the arrest of Obediah Rewis for the murder of his wife, Rhoda in Coffee County on about July 23, 1860. I found a short article on his arrest in the 24 Ju...

Re: Gitt-Kitt family Posted on: 29 Aug 2014, by  jamaesaka

Surnames > Kitt

Phil, I am also an ancestor of Jacob Kitt of Huntington Co, IN. His son Obediah, had a son Otis who is my Great-Grandfather. That makes Jacob my 4 times great grandfather. I just found out there is a con...

Re: Wyatts in Texas, Usa Posted on: 01 Sep 2014, by  pamandgar9973

Surnames > Wyatt

I don't know about DNA tests done - might answer some questions. These Wyatts are from Rowan County, NC. Nathan Wyatt b. abt. 1814 m. 17 Jan 1832 in Davidson Co. to Mary Ann Gobble. His father Willia...

Re: Obediah Posted on: 06 Sep 2014, by  Joshua Ward

Surnames > Dray

Would your mother happen to be Marlene Ward?

Re: South Carolina Cann family Posted on: 15 Sep 2014, by  cutler30815

Surnames > Cann

...in Illinois - he's the only one there. I can through on Ebenezer's father's ( Duncan Cann ) brother Obediah L. Cann. Good Luck on your research

Re: Cann family SC/Al/LA Posted on: 15 Sep 2014, by  cutler30815

Surnames > Cann

...and yes both were born in South Carolina. William F Cann's parents is Duncan Cann and his father is Obediah Cann and Isabelle Campbell. I come through Duncan's brother, Obediah L. Cann Sr.

Re: Skidgel Posted on: 16 Sep 2014, by  jgenness

Surnames > Skidgel

You can look under The Kings American Regiment for New Brunswick Canada. Hendrick is on the list of men along with Obediah Tompkins and others.

The Thomas ROPER or ROSSER Who Served in Captain John BIRDSONG's Company Posted on: 16 Sep 2014, by  waroper

Surnames > Roper

The book Colonial Soldiers of the South, 1732-1774, compiled by by Murtie J. Clark (Baltimore, MD: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999) identifies a Thomas ROPER as a private within the Company of Capt...

Zilpha Meadows Did Not Exist. Posted on: 18 Sep 2014, by  pkt6177

Surnames > Meadows

Meador/Meadows researchers, Most Meador/Meadows internet pages cite Zilpha Meadows as a daughter of Jason and Elizabeth (Stone) Meador/Meadows of Anson County, North Carolina. However, Zilpha Meadow...

Zilpha Meadows Did Not Exist. Posted on: 18 Sep 2014, by  pkt6177

Surnames > Meador

Meador/Meadows researchers, Most Meador/Meadows internet pages cite Zilpha Meadows as a daughter of Jason and Elizabeth (Stone) Meador/Meadows of Anson County, North Carolina. However, Zilpha Meadow...

per page