Search the Boards

Search Results for "obediah" - 178 Messages

per page

Re: Caroline Tefft (1811-1851) Rhode Island Posted on: 01 Oct 2013, by  HenryWheeler

Surnames > Tefft

...descendant of Obadiah Tefft, her ancestors at one time had a family bible with the record in it "Obediah Tefft Captain of Ship Rebeca died at Batavia". I take responsibility for assuming this was ...

Re: Alabama/TX Canns Posted on: 01 Oct 2013, by  cutler30815

Surnames > Cann

...William F. Cann and Elizabeth Jane Pruett. William is the son of Duncan Cann and Duncan Cann is the son of Obediah Cann and Isabelle Campbell ( my 5 times great grandparents ). Your Hattie has 3 siblings, La...

Re: Obadiah Smith (b. bef 1671) Line Henrico to Halifax & Pittsylvania VA Posted on: 02 Oct 2013, by  Ljm39

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Henrico

...and wife Mary Davis Burks family for many years. They had a daughter Mary who is said to have married Obediah Smith. Here is what I have: Mary BURKS was born after 1706. She died in 1777. Obadiah SMITH...

John Duffield of Marlborough and descendants Posted on: 03 Oct 2013, by  winspeare

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Ulster

Back in 2005 I posted what I knew about John Duffield and his wife Jerusha Knowlton to the Rootsweb.com NYUlster Mailing List. Now would like to add a little more of my research since and solicit fur...

Re: Obediah Basham's (1760) father Posted on: 03 Oct 2013, by  DrBuzz2

Surnames > Basham

I've been in touch with Hope (she's been an amazing help) and we have a photo of Mark A. Basham's headstone, which shows Obediah's father as James (b. 1731). Please feel free to email me at davidrbash...

E. W. Cornwell Witness of Will of Obediah Gregory, 26 September 1861, Smith Co, TN Posted on: 03 Oct 2013, by  CindyMcC

Surnames > Cornwell

Know all men by these presents that I Obediah Gregory do make and publish this as my last will and testament hereby remaking and making void all other wills by me at anytime made first. First—I direct t...

Re: Obediah Basham's (1760) father Posted on: 03 Oct 2013, by  carleencarniv...

Surnames > Basham

I would not accept a tombstone erected by decendants as "Proof", as these are researchers just like the rest of us, and without a record to prove this claim, it cannot be "Proof", ...

Teal (Teel)/ Welch (Welsh) Marriages in Harrison County, KY Posted on: 04 Oct 2013, by  majackson88

Surnames > Teal

...the Teal and Welch families of Bath & Harrison county KY. The Teal family in question is Thomas Obediah "Dye" Teel (born abt 1825) and Melvina Sexton's children. Specifically their children ...

Nancy/Major Lea Posted on: 05 Oct 2013, by  LouiseChismLa...

Surnames > Lea

I am searching for a Nancy Lea married Obediah Chism (his second wife) abt. 1812. It is said that she was the granddaughter of Major Lea who was in Grainger Co at one time. Nancy died abt. 1823 in Robertso...

Re: The mill of Samuel Kendall? Posted on: 05 Oct 2013, by  Carla_Bagley

Surnames > Kendall

...can also find links to old maps which show the location of the Samuel Kendall house, it was passed to Obediah Kendall and is listed as such on the map. Any other questions please contact me directly through...

Hembree line Posted on: 05 Oct 2013, by  jander7952

Surnames > Hembree

I am related to Obediah Hembree and Martha Patsey Earle. I would love to hear from you. Julie (Webb)(Andersen) Yates

Re: Hembree History - Trail of Tears Posted on: 05 Oct 2013, by  jander7952

Surnames > Hembree

Sandra I am also a decendant of James Hembree,Joel Bird Hembree and Obediah Hembree. Joel was my 5th great grandfather any information you have would be helpful I do not have much but trying to connect the ...

Re: Echols and Hammocks in Va and Ga in the late 17890's Posted on: 13 Oct 2013, by  watterIgo

Surnames > Echols

Milner and Obediah both had daughters named Nancy. Milner's daughter would have been closer to the right age and her name was Nancy Sansom Echols. Milners son, Obediah also had a Nancy. I believe they lived in Mill...

Re: Echols and Hammocks in Va and Ga in the late 17890's Posted on: 13 Oct 2013, by  watterIgo

Surnames > Echols

Milner and Obediah both had daughters named Nancy. Milner's daughter would have been closer to the right age and her name was Nancy Sansom Echols. Milners son, Obediah also had a Nancy. I believe they lived in Mill...

Surnames > Echols

...Alabama. Hammock was condemned to be hanged for it but killed in jail before the day of his execution. Obediah Echols was the fourth son of James Echols. He married Elizabeth Strong. They had one child and h...

Re: Echols and Hammocks in Va and Ga in the late 17890's Posted on: 14 Oct 2013, by  RossSmith53

Surnames > Echols

...that James had a daughter born about 1780 named Jane or Nancy Jane. I am going by memory but I think Obediah Echols had children when ...

Re: Obediah Basham's (1760) father Posted on: 15 Oct 2013, by  DrBuzz2

Surnames > Basham

Nowhere did I state that the headstone itself is "Proof." I have a picture of it if anyone would like to see it - that is all. Nothing more, nothing less. It shows James as the father. Yes, ...

Re: Martha Short Powell Kirkland Posted on: 17 Oct 2013, by  dlholmes44

Surnames > Kirkland

...is shown in the household of Mary Galloway in the Census for 1800. Soon after, Mary must have married Obediah Rowland in South Carolina, for they had a son David Rowland in 1801. The Galloways and Obediah had reloc...

Re: Obediah Hawkins/ My realation Posted on: 18 Oct 2013, by  Catherine Lyl...

Surnames > Hawkins

...mother was Martha Jane (Mattie Lee Turner Lobb....confused about her exact name). Catherine's father was Obediah T. Hawkins. I know he out-lived 3 or 4 wives and had over 20 children. I would appreciate any...

Re: Obediah Hawkins Posted on: 18 Oct 2013, by  Catherine Lyl...

Surnames > Hawkins

...mother was Martha Jane (Mattie Lee Turner Lobb....confused about her exact name). Catherine's father was Obediah T. Hawkins. I know he out-lived 3 or 4 wives and had over 20 children. I would appreciate a...

Re: Ansalem Robertson d. 1888 Posted on: 19 Oct 2013, by  grscheel

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Anderson

...brothers Jasper N and Arthur Robertson. Look on ancestry trees for Mariah Heatly Radford who married Obediah Allen RADFORD. Their tree is documented with records from Texas and Alabama + other places. It ma...

Druzan Malinda Hensley Posted on: 20 Oct 2013, by  Lloyd_Spevack

Surnames > Hensley

...Malinda Hensley, Born 06-08-1858 in Mercer, Missouri, died 01-27-1932 in Des Moines, Iowa. Married Obediah Brooks Moon in March of 1881 and had two known children. Minnie Maude and Lucy.

Obediah Fowler Posted on: 24 Oct 2013, by  Tara Rampley

Surnames > Fowler

...g.grandmother Carrie Savannah Fowler Temple in Cherokee County, GA. I've been able to trace all the way back to Obediah Fowler and can't get any farther. Can anyone tell me who his father and mother were a...

Seeking DNA Participant - Reynolds from VA-MO-CO-KY..... Posted on: 27 Oct 2013, by  cthomas5

Surnames > Reynolds

...Botetourt/Roanoke Co VA, had sons George William & Andrew Lewis George W. Reynolds, b ca 1836 Roanoke Co VA Obediah R. Reynolds, b ca 1795 Botetourt/Roanoke Co VA, d Apr 1860 Roanoke Co, VA Dawson ...

Re: KY Willhites Posted on: 27 Oct 2013, by  grepawk

Surnames > Wilhite

...make any promises, but the information below at least has an Ernest Willhite, in Shelby County, KY. Obediah and Elizabeth (Neale) Willhite and Their Descendants http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry....

Re: Parents of Marthena A. Welch Posted on: 28 Oct 2013, by  Mary_Fern

Surnames > Welch

...Dicey Kendrick, born ca. 1790 in Georgia, who married David H. Warren in 1806 in Franklin County, GA. (Obediah, Palmore, and Austin were also in Franklin County, GA, in the early 1800's, along with one Ann ...

Re: Simmons/Seamands DNA Posted on: 03 Nov 2013, by  Don Simmons

Surnames > Simmons

...Va. Lived on Totuskey Creek in North Farnham Parish. Had sons John, Moses, Aaron, Micayah, Ephraim, Obediah and Jeremiah and daughter Aseneth. Now I will say that there is a POSSIBILITY that if Joseph had mo...

Lawless Seaman Jackson b abt1829 Cross,Berkeley,SC d bef 1900, Poplar, Orangeburg, SC Posted on: 06 Nov 2013, by  Ruaric

Surnames > Mitchum

...Death bef 1900 in Poplar, Orangeburg, South Carolina Possible Parents: Joel Jackson & Mary or Obediah Jackson 1779- & Almy Seaman 1802- Lawless Seaman Jackson md Mary 'Polly' Rourk abt 1847. ...

Re: Jennings, Cobb, Cunningham, McAdams, Pollard, Yandell 1870-1910 Posted on: 08 Nov 2013, by  Jimmy Ponds

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Lamar

Obediah/Obadiah McAdams was my great-great-grandfather, as was his brother Samuel L. McAdams. Obadiah's daughter, Susan Ollie married her first cousin James Milton (Jim Mitt) McAdams, son of Samuel L. McAda...

Re: Jennings, Cobb, Cunningham, McAdams, Pollard, Yandell 1870-1910 Posted on: 08 Nov 2013, by  Jimmy Ponds

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Lamar

Obediah/Obadiah McAdams was my great-great-grandfather, as was his brother Samuel L. McAdams. Temperance Arp was probably Termperance Earp, from other research. Obadiah's daughter, Susan Ollie McAdams marr...

Re: Looking for information on Obediah Ferguson from Lee co. Va or Warfield KY Posted on: 09 Nov 2013, by  GreysLife

Surnames > Ferguson

Time to bump this again for the elusive hunt of Obediah..

William O. Marshall and wife Loretta Buffalo NY 1850 Posted on: 19 Nov 2013, by  marshakar56

Surnames > Marshall

...searched other family trees, and am wondering if this William O. Marshall might be the same as William Obediah Marshall, who married his wife Loretta Troy Crandell in Ontario, Canada in 1847? My great great ...

Re: The Pineo Saga Posted on: 23 Nov 2013, by  b1sdxv57

Localities > North America > Canada > Nova Scotia > Kings

...son of Peter Pineo and Sarah Stedman 4) John Henry (1830), son of John Pineo and Sarah Ells 5) John Obediah (1805), son of Erastus Pineo and Prudence Beckwith 6) John (1789), son of William Pineo and Phoebe ...

Obediah Hardesty who married Cassy Ragan - Marion County, Indiana and Boone County, Indiana Posted on: 24 Nov 2013, by  dbrbear1949

Surnames > Hardesty

As appeared from my Ragan/Reagan family, genealogical and historical research, this Obediah Hardesty who married Cassy Ragan was NOT the one who died 1879 in Washington Township of Boone County, Indiana, and...

CASSY RAGAN who married Obediah Hardesty - Marion County, Indiana & Boone County,Indiana Posted on: 24 Nov 2013, by  dbrbear1949

Surnames > Ragan

As appeared from my Ragan/Reagan family, genealogical and historical research, this Obediah Hardesty who married Cassy Ragan was NOT the one who died 1879 in Washington Township of Boone County, Indiana, and...

CASSY RAGAN who married Obediah Hardesty - Marion County, Indiana & Boone County, Indiana Posted on: 24 Nov 2013, by  dbrbear1949

Surnames > Reagan

Re: Howes/House, Butler Posted on: 30 Nov 2013, by  ReneeL43

Surnames > Butler

Hi, I am also trying to find out who Obediah Butler 1682-1737 married. Says Elizabeth (1684-1729) but no sign anywhere of what her last name was. I'm trying to go back and investigate my direct maternal l...

Re: Elizabeth Howes & Daniel Butler Posted on: 30 Nov 2013, by  ReneeL43

Surnames > Howes

...wife of Seth Allen 1704-1790 Dartmouth, Bristol Massachusetts. Some sources have her father down as Obediah Butler and mother Elizabeth. If anyone has a source for this and especially Elizabeth, wife of ...

Re: LOWE Family of Casey County, KY Papers, genealogy to give to good home Posted on: 01 Dec 2013, by  jellomolder

Surnames > Lowe

...My Lowe family is from Casey, Taylor, Green, Marion and the surrounding counties. The given names,, Obediah,Elizabeth, John, Henry, Obediah Jr., Margaret, Sarah, William, Benjamin, Martha, and Ann. If any of these...

Re: Eleazer Miller and Mary Leach Miller in Butler County in 1850 census, but where are they later? Posted on: 04 Dec 2013, by  Wanda_Slagel

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Butler

...Saddler James B Miller 23 OH Sylvester G Miller 19 OH Mary A. Miller 14 OH Mary A Miller 2 OH Obediah Welliver 25 OH Wagon maker While this raises some new questions, it appears that there are eno...

Re: Obediah Posted on: 06 Dec 2013, by  smokiesmaster

Surnames > Lynes

I am John Lynes, I am doing some research on Thomas L Lynes, Obediah's father. I know he and Morgan whos name was Thomas Morgan Lynes was tried for murder back in 1857, and listed at a Dr's office in...

Re: Charity Bell-Joseph Seamons-Francis Symonds Posted on: 09 Dec 2013, by  Don Simmons

Surnames > Bell

...Farnham Parish Church registry on Totuskey Creek in Richmond Co. Va. Two of Joseph and Charity's children, Obediah and Jeremiah are listed there in the parish registry. By the way, Charity was not a Bell, bu...

Re: Sawtelle family of Minot, Livermore, Turner Posted on: 12 Dec 2013, by  TADA DARSIE

Localities > North America > United States > States > Maine > Counties > Androscoggin

Dec. 10,2013 I am descend from Obediah Hamminway Sawtell b.22 July 1810 and wife Lucinda Savage Pitt b.5 Aug 1813/17 Whitefield ME and Turner Corner ME. They to my Helen Augusta Sawtelle b. 1844 in Turner Co...

Re: Blauser/Silvis Posted on: 13 Dec 2013, by  Donna Leichte...

Surnames > Blauser

WHY WOULD FRANCES LEICHTENBERGER LAST NAME BE FRANCES BLAUSER LEICHTENBERGER IF HER PARENTS WERE WM. OBEDIAH AND MOTHER OLIVE LEMON,WHY WAS HER MAIDEN NAME BLAUSER IF HER DAD NAME WAS OBEDIAH? CONFUSED. HELP PLEASE...

Re: Howes/House, Butler Posted on: 18 Dec 2013, by  ReneeL43

Surnames > Butler

I am trying to solve the same mystery on the name of Obediah Butler's wife Elizabeth. I think she's a Howes as well...cousins but not sure. Any new information? This is making me crazy...yes, circles.

Re: Shall We Collect All the Info We Can About Early Clark Co. KY Hampton's? Posted on: 23 Dec 2013, by  HamptonDuncan

Surnames > Hampton

...only working with an index right now. I'll have to find the document. I've also discovered that the Obediah (Obed) who was in Clark Co. came from Rowan Co., NC.

Re: George w cobb Posted on: 01 Jan 2014, by  PaSain

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Montgomery

I am not related, you can omit Allen Cobb and Perlina Ann Hamblin as parents of George W Cobb. That George Cobb was still living with father in 1880 census. Your George W Cobb was born abt 1851. Geo...

Re: Summers from MD to: NC, KY, TN Posted on: 01 Jan 2014, by  bsp46

Surnames > Summers

I have: Obediah b. 1781 MD m. Edith Livedin KY ILL MO d. KS Harden b.1797 NC/IL m. Jane Grayham, Mary McDowell Livedin KY ILL MO d. KS Robert b. 1830 IL/MO m. Jane...

Re: overla Posted on: 02 Jan 2014, by  Gary Overla

Surnames > Overla

...area, married her, and raised a family. He passed in the late 1940's, 1949 I believe. I also know that Obediah is an ancestor of mine as well, through research done by my aunt, Helen Keating, a daughter of ...

Re: Daniel/Lewis Ackley Posted on: 04 Jan 2014, by  yvonne ackley

Surnames > Ackley

...in 1818 ? im pretty sure lewis is my great, great, great grandfather. #1, lewis ackley b. 1818 . #2.obediah ackley b.1847. milton obed ackley b.1884. #4 (my grandfather) obed john ackley b. 1919. the ackl...

per page
© 2006-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.