Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "obediah" - 103 Messages

per page

Charles Wesley Spencer (1850 NY-1921 AR) Posted on: 02 Oct 2015, by  Zilpha84

Surnames > Spencer

...Charles Spencer who was the son of Obadiah C. Spencer and Martha Lee. That Charles Spencer was Charles Obediah Spencer (1849 NY - 1917 PA) who lived in Oswego, NY; Buffalo, NY; Erie, PA; and Sandusky, OH. Th...

Re: goodman Posted on: 01 Oct 2015, by  Nora Wiley

Surnames > Goodman

Hi Linda, I am a Goodman descended through Obediah. We had my brother's DNA tested to attempt to solve the Goodman line mystery and just received the results. I would be happy to discuss with you and compa...

Re: Obediah W. Wingo b 1806 Spartanburg County, SC d aft 1833 ? Posted on: 04 Oct 2015, by  James Wingo

Surnames > Wingo

My grandfather, Absalom Holbrook Wingo was from Norcross, Georgia. I believe his family came from S.C. His father was Dr. A.H. Wingo, 1859 - 1924. Absalom and his brother Ivey played major league base...

Re: Willam Calvin Henderson GA Posted on: 08 Oct 2015, by  PCassadyReede...

Surnames > Henderson

Thanks and please let me know. I have been told that Dison's father is Abraham and Abraham's is Obediah (both born in Virginia). However I do not have proof on these and have only successfully proven my l...

Re: ARDEN J. JEFFERSON, BEAUFORT, NC Posted on: 21 Mar 2016, by  majefferson58

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Beaufort

Ryan, the death certificate for Arden lists M. Slocum as the mother, Obediah had been married to a Braddy lady who died, then he evidently had Arden with Melvina. If you will e-mail me at marilyn@gotricount...

Re: John and Robert SEXTON, Virginia, America 1700's Posted on: 23 Nov 2015, by  John Sexton

Surnames > Sexton

...John Sexton a direct descendant of the above noted line; starting with my grandfather; James, John C. Obediah S. , James H., Benjamin F. [JR], Benjamin F., John, James. James was an Endentured servant to a T...

Re: BANKS-LOCKARD-CANNON-DALE Posted on: 19 Jan 2016, by  ddeloach0428

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Breathitt

...Banks born September 25, 1895, also a daughter, Bertha Ellen Banks born about 1899. Amanda married Obediah and they had seven children together. I found one tree that has Sam married to Malinda Lindy King, ...

Vance Family Mingo County Posted on: 25 Feb 2016, by  ferbie1968

Localities > North America > United States > States > West Virginia > Counties > Mingo

...between 1900-1910 as Mary Ann is a widow in the 1910 census record. They had several children: Jane, Obediah, Sarah E, Nancy, Eli, Phoebe, and Wilburn Lewis. I'm looking to find out where Mary Ann and Lewi...

Re: George Waggoner m. Susie Lamb 25 APR 1901 (Martin County, IN) Posted on: 04 Dec 2015, by  parthur64

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Martin

...Nancy, Parmenus, Martha J., Susannah, Willis. 2nd marriage in 1835-Christina Frederick Children: Hiram, Obediah, Catherine, Josiah, Edward Parmenus (1825-1864) married in 1847-Nancy Jane Callahan Children:...

Re: Perry's of Osage Oklahoma 1860 - 1900 Posted on: 21 Apr 2016, by  melissa Perry

Surnames > Perry

...from 1920 that said his father Ben was living with them. There were 3 brothers from that area that are Obediah Steven, Benjamine Franklin, and Nemiah or Myer. They are all in the civil war records for the me...

Obediah Hancock, son of William Hancock and Unknown Wooldridge Posted on: 02 Jan 2016, by  PSpencer153

Surnames > Hancock

Looking for information on Obediah Hancock. He was born in 1861 in Chesterfield Co., VA. In 1840, he lived in Woodford Co., KY and had 10 children. Who are these children? Certainly some survived past the...

Re: Winifred Holliday, wife of Thomas Obediah Pulliam Posted on: 21 Jul 2016, by  lundybutler

Surnames > Holliday

I am o the Holladay line also. I am researching from my Grandmother Margaret Holladay (maiden) back as far as I can go. I have a few questions if anyone would like to answer them.

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 18 Mar 2016, by  Generations5

Surnames > Neville

Was your relative Obadiah Nevis or Nevils?

John McGuffie/McGuffey b. about 1800 NC or SC (lived in AL) Posted on: 06 Jan 2016, by  rhondanbama

Surnames > McGuffie

...was married to Elizabeth Williamson (1816-1871) and had a daughter Arminda (1842-1923) and grandson Obediah "Obe" McGuffie (1869-1934). They lived in Alabama. I am trying to find out who his paren...

Re: Looking for Roberts Family..... Posted on: 30 May 2016, by  ddeloach0428

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Breathitt

...not sure if she was born of William and Barbara Lockard or just raised by them. We were also told that Obediah Roberts had a child by the name of William with a woman named Sarah, and that the child was born...

Re: Another Mississippi John Chisholm Posted on: 17 Jul 2016, by  W.L. CHISHOLM

Surnames > Chisholm

...unambiguous records in the National Archives. His name was John O. Chisom/Chisum. The O. May have been for Obediah.

Re: Obediah Baker Family 1850 census Posted on: 22 Dec 2015, by  ghiaman1969

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Boone

Hi Cheryl, My Great Great Grandfather was Robert B. Baker from Randolph County Roanoke Alabama. There is a city close to Roanoke called La Fayette, Alabama. He abandoned his family in the 1860's and...

James JORDAN b.cc 1740 Virginia Colony married Sarah Stoghill Posted on: 09 Aug 2016, by  saltbreeze44m...

Surnames > Jordan

...specifically any who share James and Sarah as common ancestors. If you come though SAMUEL, CHARLES FLEMMING, OBEDIAH, MILES, REUBEN, WILLIAM, or JOHN JORDAN - sons of James and Sarah I desperately need...

Obediah Trimmier Posted on: 05 Mar 2016, by  jkstyler

Surnames > Trimmier

Does anyone have proof that Obediah is the Father of Mary (Polly) and Saline (Selina) Trimmier?

Re: Looking for Roberts Family..... Posted on: 17 Aug 2016, by  ddeloach0428

Donna, My name is Debbie DeLoach, and my great grandfather was Obediah Roberts. My grandmother was his daughter, Mae Roberts. Do you have a tree on Ancestry, and if so, would you be willing to share it wi...

Re: Looking for Roberts Family..... Posted on: 17 Aug 2016, by  ddeloach0428

Nancy, My name is Debbie DeLoach. My great grandfather was Obediah Roberts. My grandmother was Mae Roberts. I was wondering if you have a family tree on Ancestry. I did a search but did not find you. I...

Re: Lena Wile Posted on: 23 Apr 2016, by  Penjdnick

Surnames > Wile

...find a marriage license for Jennie Wile and Thomas Sing, dated 24 Dec 1915 in Bridgewater and signed by Obediah Wile. I haven't been able to find any records for Thomas Sing and Jennie after the marriage lic...

Re: Samuel Eddy Posted on: 11 Jun 2016, by  Kevin Mullen

Surnames > Eddy

I've got John Eddy & his brother Obediah Eddy sons of Samuel Eddy & Elizabeth Savory has direct lne, then I also Samuel Eddy's sister Abigail (Eddy) Benjamin has a D...

Re: annias obediah benion (binion)(bennion) Posted on: 10 Mar 2016, by  cameron597

Surnames > Binion

...any more info on this person? I think we're related if you're related to him. I have "Annanias Obediah Binion". http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=142047994 I'd love t...

Re: Mary Cook/William Price-SC-NC Mary and Obed Cook?? Posted on: 31 Dec 2015, by  thomasprice3

Surnames > Cook

Here is some information that I found connecting Mary Polly Cook and Obadiah Cook. Mary Price and Obediah Cook posted bastardy bond Aug 1842 in Buncombe, North Carolina. Reference "North Carolina Bast...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 13 Apr 2016, by  Generations5

Surnames > Neville

Thank you for your reply about Obadiah Nevils. Is there a reason for 's on Nevils or was that just a spell-check error? There are so many variant spellings of this surname in SC. Jan

Re: Mary Cook/William Price-SC-NC Mary and Obed Cook?? Posted on: 25 Oct 2015, by  Boh14

Surnames > Cook

...1841. Royal has an older son named, James Cook born in 1839. Warning! I cannot tie my Cooks in with Obediah Cook on paper. DNA may have to be the answer to my Cook lineage! Hope this helps to either add...

Re: Obediah Moore who went from Campbell VA to Butler Kentucky Posted on: 31 May 2016, by  WClayton43

Surnames > Moore

...(1800-1885) was married to Elizabeth Hendricks (1831 Campbell VA) and Phoebe Hendricks (1850 Butler KY). Obediah was the son of William Moore (1769 VA, prob. Westmoreland - 1848 Butler) and Nancy Asbury (17...

Revolutionary War Veteran Edward MILLER (b 03 Jan 1752, d aft 1840), of Henrico, Virginia Posted on: 06 Apr 2016, by  waroper

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Henrico

This is one of an occasional series further elaborating the primary evidence regarding one of the MILLER ancestors shown in the Henrico Personal Property Tax Lists in the early Federal Period. My pur...

Re: Obediah Mash Posted on: 13 May 2016, by  bobeddings

Topics > Ethnic / Race > Native American > Intertribal > Chiefs

...Internet's World Connect Project, to see what I could find about your Mash Family, here is what I found. Obediah Mash (listed as Marsh on the Internet) was born circa 1765 in Guilford Co., N.C.. On 12.25.18...

Re: ARDEN J. JEFFERSON, BEAUFORT, NC Posted on: 03 Mar 2016, by  Ryan Jefferso...

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Beaufort

...block. My great great grandfather was Joseph McGilbert/Mac Gilbert Jefferson and I believe his dad was Obediah and his mom was Melvina Slocum. I did recently discover a probate record (lawsuit) filed by J....

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 17 May 2016, by  Generations5

Surnames > Neville

Thank you for your reply. Jan

Who were Jordan slaves of Clarke County, Mississippi, associated with? Posted on: 04 Jun 2016, by  Dora Smith

Topics > Ethnic / Race > African American > Mississippi

In the 1870 census, in Clarke County, District 3, Mississippi, Enterprise post office, I find almost three pages of Black people named Jordan, with no other surnames between them. I have a genealogi...

Re: Mary Cook/William Price-SC-NC Mary and Obed Cook?? Posted on: 25 Oct 2015, by  1_kittycat77

Surnames > Cook

Hi, Linda, I don't know a lot about my g-g-grandfather. He's the Cook family's brick wall. Per my records, he had these sons: William Jasper Cook, b 24 Nov 1835, Chattanooga, TN Thomas Jefferson Cook...

Re: Obediah MASH Posted on: 12 May 2016, by  KathyRoberts5...

Topics > Ethnic / Race > Native American > Intertribal > Chiefs

Dottie Some dates and locations would be helpful. Not entirely sure what you mean by "Cherokee Headman", but the Cherokee never had a Chief named MASH. Nor does the surname appear in Cherok...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 13 Apr 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

Hi L_Neveil, I to am the 3rd great granddaughter of Obsidian Nevil's. I do not know much about him. Would like to talk with you. My Morris, Aldrich, Nevil's, plus a few others found out they came from...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 13 Apr 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

Hi generation5, his last name is Nevil's.

Re: OBADIAH TRIMMIER/WILLIAM TRIMYEAR? Posted on: 05 May 2016, by  dt1diver

Surnames > Trimmier

...All: After a several year hiatus, I have returned to genealogy land. I have no direct knowledge of the Obediah Trimmier Bible records. I have been able to sort out the relationships betwixt the Trimmier's,...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 07 May 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

Hi Generation my grandpa's last name is Nevils, he is in the Nevils cemetery forgot what town thought.

Re: Obadiah Smith (b. bef 1671) Line Henrico to Halifax & Pittsylvania VA Posted on: 21 Oct 2015, by  ewhite01

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Henrico

Luke Smith, Sr., son of Obediah: Halifax Co. Will Book abs by Marian Dodson Chiarito 1982 Will Book O 1752-1773, p.43 Will proved 15? March 1758 Will of LUKE SMITH, JUNR., Will Book 0 1752-1773 Halifax Co...

Re: Henry, Daniel Brown, NJ/Roanoke/Bedford 1757 Posted on: 26 May 2016, by  Amanda Hasty

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Bedford

LOOKING FOR PARENTAGE OF WILLIAM R BROWN My 5x ggrandfather isWilliam R Brown b1760 Fairfax VA. Moved young to Bedford county much before his Rev war enlistment 1778, lived there after till abt 1805,...

Re: Lena Wile Posted on: 21 Apr 2016, by  Penjdnick

Surnames > Wile

Hi, I have Lena Wile as the daughter of Obediah Wile (son of Albert Wile and Lucille Ann Weagle) and Mary E Meisner. This is the only Obediah Wile I have that is married to a "Mary E". Also this Obediah and M...

Obediah (Obadiah) Ledford m. Lydia (Roberts?)1840's North Carolina??? Posted on: 07 May 2016, by  Kristine Watk...

Surnames > Ledford

...to the Ledford lines and need help building my tree. I am finding conflicting resports regarding an Obediah Ledford b. abt 1826 NC and d. abt 1908 madison Co Nc. Married a Lydia Roberts? I have been trying t...

Re: WRIGHT, OBEDIAH M. Posted on: 27 Aug 2016, by  DoloresWBeave...

Surnames > Wright

Hi Glenda, What kind of help do you need? Obediah/Obadiah's middle name was Conaster. I can give you some information of him and is descendants. I can give you his birth,death, and marriage date. He married...

Re: The Surprisisng Ancestry of Cluverious Coleman Posted on: 07 Jan 2016, by  cassj2000

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Mecklenburg

...(1758)and Susannah P Smith (1758) their daughter Nancy Brown (1790) married James B Coleman (1788) son of Obediah Coleman (1760). I have no further information Robert Brown (1758). Is he in your Database? T...

Were Obediah Fultz and Martha Blankenship half-siblings? Posted on: 24 Feb 2016, by  JFultz70

Surnames > Fultz

It's only recently that I have discovered my unbroken line back to Obediah Fultz (+Martha Blankenship) 1765-1845. The curious thing is that my research shows Obediah's parents as Obediah (1728-1817) and Phoebe Summ...

Re: John S King Posted on: 27 Dec 2015, by  William King

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Sullivan

...Saltfleet, Ontario, Canada...Hiram arrived Canada from Vermont abt. 1850 from Vermont his father (believe) Obediah King

name change from Fultz to Fulks Posted on: 24 Feb 2016, by  JFultz70

Surnames > Fultz

With the descendants of John Fultz (1767-1829; son of Obediah Fultz 1728-1817) and Nancy Newby (1775-1840) the surname becomes Fulks, continuing to today. This seems unique for Obediah's sons (Obediah+Martha, John+...

Re: KEATHLEY Posted on: 15 Jul 2016, by  HL2604

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Lampasas

...I'll not overwhelm you with info but there is lots of documentation online. Both of Elsie's parents (Obediah C. Prestridge [1806-1880] and Mary "Polly" Ann Gilmer Prestridge [1861-1881]) have find...

Re: Reubin Echols b. 1780-1790 d. after 1840 Posted on: 06 Jul 2016, by  Laura Layton

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Oglethorpe

Maj. John Winn/Wynne who married Susanna Owen was the son of: Obediah Wynne, Sr. b.1757 ,Halifax, VA d.bef 27 Jul 1801 ,Wilkes, GA m]4 Mar 1786 ,Caswell, NC to Leona Oney Bolton d/o Charles Bolton & Eliz...

per page