Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "obediah" - 107 Messages

per page

john payne and sarah singleton info - 4th great granddaughter Posted on: 13 Sep 2015, by  Heather Witti...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Channel Islands > General

written by; Alexander Payne Wednesday, September 23, 2009 John PAYNE 1781 - 1869 1 John PAYNE 1781 - 1869 1 John PAYNE 1781 - 1869 1 John PAYNE 1781 - 1869 1 John PAYNE 1781 - 1869 1 John PAYNE 1781 -...

Re: Deserter Posted on: 13 Sep 2015, by  Heather Witti...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Channel Islands > General

1 Alexander Payne Wednesday, September 23, 2009 John PAYNE 1781 - 1869 1 John PAYNE 1781 - 1869 1 John PAYNE 1781 - 1869 1 John PAYNE 1781 - 1869 1 John PAYNE 1781 - 1869 1 John PAYNE 1781 - 1869 Firs...

HUNT FAMILY IN NEW JERSEY AND VIRGINIA Posted on: 09 Sep 2015, by  Sndy ~

Surnames > Hunt

...to have migrated to Bedford Co., VA and is found on Census record along with Stephen sr, Stephen jr, Obediah, and Jane (shown as head of house) in 1820; in 1840 they are in Franklin Co., VA I am very inte...

Geneva Hager, twin to Ulysses E, Hager, b. 1868, Boone County, WV Posted on: 02 Sep 2015, by  Shirl Ann

Surnames > Hager

Daughter of Obediah & Chloe Hager. She's my g-grandmother who seems to have just disappeared. She was married to (Nathanel?)Fisher Dotson and they were the parents of my grandmother, Gertie Mae Dotson ...

Re: Edwin Hammons Posted on: 24 Sep 2015, by  Hendrickson_D...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Knox

Hi, I don't know if what I have will help or not {{If it is the same family}} But a couple of things you wrote are similar for my bunch of Hammons. Most of the dates I'm about to give are not exact. W...

Charles Wesley Spencer (1850 NY-1921 AR) Posted on: 02 Oct 2015, by  Zilpha84

Surnames > Spencer

...Charles Spencer who was the son of Obadiah C. Spencer and Martha Lee. That Charles Spencer was Charles Obediah Spencer (1849 NY - 1917 PA) who lived in Oswego, NY; Buffalo, NY; Erie, PA; and Sandusky, OH. Th...

Re: Obediah W. Wingo b 1806 Spartanburg County, SC d aft 1833 ? Posted on: 04 Oct 2015, by  James Wingo

Surnames > Wingo

My grandfather, Absalom Holbrook Wingo was from Norcross, Georgia. I believe his family came from S.C. His father was Dr. A.H. Wingo, 1859 - 1924. Absalom and his brother Ivey played major league base...

Re: goodman Posted on: 01 Oct 2015, by  Nora Wiley

Surnames > Goodman

Hi Linda, I am a Goodman descended through Obediah. We had my brother's DNA tested to attempt to solve the Goodman line mystery and just received the results. I would be happy to discuss with you and compa...

Re: Willam Calvin Henderson GA Posted on: 08 Oct 2015, by  PCassadyReede...

Surnames > Henderson

Thanks and please let me know. I have been told that Dison's father is Abraham and Abraham's is Obediah (both born in Virginia). However I do not have proof on these and have only successfully proven my l...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 13 Apr 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

Hi L_Neveil, I to am the 3rd great granddaughter of Obsidian Nevil's. I do not know much about him. Would like to talk with you. My Morris, Aldrich, Nevil's, plus a few others found out they came from...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 13 Apr 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

Hi generation5, his last name is Nevil's.

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 07 May 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

Hi Generation my grandpa's last name is Nevils, he is in the Nevils cemetery forgot what town thought.

Re: Winifred Holliday, wife of Thomas Obediah Pulliam Posted on: 21 Jul 2016, by  lundybutler

Surnames > Holliday

I am o the Holladay line also. I am researching from my Grandmother Margaret Holladay (maiden) back as far as I can go. I have a few questions if anyone would like to answer them.

Re: goodman Posted on: 05 Feb 2016, by  LindyLea50

Surnames > Goodman

Carol, do you happen to have a saved copy of Enoch's marriage certificate signed by Obediah Goodman? If you do, could you please send it to me at my email address? purplelea@aol.com Thanks so much, Linda G...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 17 Mar 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

Hiya John, my 2nd great grandpa married David aldrich married my 2nd great grgrandma ELiza Nevis. Her her dad is Obadiah Nevis is my 3rd great grandpa. Now my grandma, Daisy Mae Ray, Basely, Morris to...

11 families of Brown! Posted on: 26 May 2016, by  Amanda Hasty

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Bedford

I am classified under group 48 of the Brown DNA project. My ancestor is William R Brown, he is listed as born 1760 Fairfax VA, but was shortly removed to Bedford well before his Rev war enlistment 177...

Revolutionary War Veteran Edward MILLER (b 03 Jan 1752, d aft 1840), of Henrico, Virginia Posted on: 06 Apr 2016, by  waroper

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Henrico

This is one of an occasional series further elaborating the primary evidence regarding one of the MILLER ancestors shown in the Henrico Personal Property Tax Lists in the early Federal Period. My pur...

James JORDAN b.cc 1740 Virginia Colony married Sarah Stoghill Posted on: 09 Aug 2016, by  saltbreeze44m...

Surnames > Jordan

...specifically any who share James and Sarah as common ancestors. If you come though SAMUEL, CHARLES FLEMMING, OBEDIAH, MILES, REUBEN, WILLIAM, or JOHN JORDAN - sons of James and Sarah I desperately need...

Re: ky goodmans Posted on: 05 Feb 2016, by  LindyLea50

Surnames > Goodman

Does anyone has a copy of Enoch Goodman's marriage certificate that is signed by Obediah Goodman? Is it possible to send me a copy? My email address is: purplelea@aol.com Thanks so much, Linda Goodman Bens...

Obediah (Obadiah) Ledford m. Lydia (Roberts?)1840's North Carolina??? Posted on: 07 May 2016, by  Kristine Watk...

Surnames > Ledford

...to the Ledford lines and need help building my tree. I am finding conflicting resports regarding an Obediah Ledford b. abt 1826 NC and d. abt 1908 madison Co Nc. Married a Lydia Roberts? I have been trying t...

Re: ARDEN J. JEFFERSON, BEAUFORT, NC Posted on: 21 Mar 2016, by  majefferson58

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Beaufort

Ryan, the death certificate for Arden lists M. Slocum as the mother, Obediah had been married to a Braddy lady who died, then he evidently had Arden with Melvina. If you will e-mail me at marilyn@gotricount...

Re: Lena Wile Posted on: 21 Apr 2016, by  Penjdnick

Surnames > Wile

Hi, I have Lena Wile as the daughter of Obediah Wile (son of Albert Wile and Lucille Ann Weagle) and Mary E Meisner. This is the only Obediah Wile I have that is married to a "Mary E". Also this Obediah and M...

William R Brown b1760 Fairfax, lived in Bedford county Posted on: 26 May 2016, by  Amanda Hasty

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Bedford

LOOKING FOR PARENTAGE OF WILLIAM R BROWN William R Brown b1760 Fairfax VA. Moved young to Bedford county much before his Rev war enlistment 1778, lived there after till abt 1805, thence removed to Wa...

William R Brown b1760 FairfaxVA, lived in Bedford VA Posted on: 26 May 2016, by  Amanda Hasty

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Fairfax

LOOKING FOR PARENTAGE OF WILLIAM R BROWN William R Brown b1760 Fairfax VA. Moved young to Bedford county much before his Rev war enlistment 1778, lived there after till abt 1805, thence removed to Wa...

Re: Albemarle Parish records-1779 Posted on: 31 Jul 2016, by  treefind4fun

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Sussex

..."six other children... viz. Leah North, Polly (Mary) Reeves, Robert E. Echols, Absolom Echols, Obediah Echols and Betsy Fagg." The will was written in 1823 and probated in 1825.

Re: Looking for Roberts Family..... Posted on: 17 Aug 2016, by  ddeloach0428

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Breathitt

Donna, My name is Debbie DeLoach, and my great grandfather was Obediah Roberts. My grandmother was his daughter, Mae Roberts. Do you have a tree on Ancestry, and if so, would you be willing to share it wi...

William R Brown, b1760 Fairfax VA Posted on: 10 May 2016, by  Amanda Hasty

Surnames > Brown

...Needing help locating parentage, siblings, etc. William served in Rev War, was lifelong friends with Obediah Scott. Moved entire family through Ohio county KY to settle in Ste Genevieve MO by 1818. Daughte...

Re: Looking for Roberts Family..... Posted on: 17 Aug 2016, by  ddeloach0428

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Breathitt

Nancy, My name is Debbie DeLoach. My great grandfather was Obediah Roberts. My grandmother was Mae Roberts. I was wondering if you have a family tree on Ancestry. I did a search but did not find you. I...

Dennis Dozier d. 1827 sells land to McBride brothers Posted on: 03 Jan 2016, by  william_templ...

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Currituck

...$175 - 64 acres bound by Joseph DOZIER...William HAAVARD...Thomas MULLER...to the main creek..[&] Obediah CAPTES... Witness: Alfred Perkins" By the following August ...

Re: Mary Cook/William Price-SC-NC Mary and Obed Cook?? Posted on: 25 Oct 2015, by  Boh14

Surnames > Cook

...1841. Royal has an older son named, James Cook born in 1839. Warning! I cannot tie my Cooks in with Obediah Cook on paper. DNA may have to be the answer to my Cook lineage! Hope this helps to either add...

Obediah Mash Posted on: 12 May 2016, by  DJ Warrick

Topics > Ethnic / Race > Native American > Intertribal > Chiefs

...name is Dottie Warrick, my 3rd great grandfather was Leonard Jackson Mash. My 4th great grandfather was Obediah Mash but known as Cherokee Headman. I am new to ancestry.com and new to researching my ancestor...

Re: Another Mississippi John Chisholm Posted on: 17 Jul 2016, by  W.L. CHISHOLM

Surnames > Chisholm

...unambiguous records in the National Archives. His name was John O. Chisom/Chisum. The O. May have been for Obediah.

Re: Althaline Albright, d. 1875 Putnam County, Indiana Posted on: 18 Jan 2016, by  mztiz1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Unknown

Who is Obediah WRIGHT? United States Census, 1850 Name Athaline Albright Event Type Census Event Year 1850 Event Place Alamance county, Alamance, North Carolina, United States Gender Female Age 30 Race Whit...

Re: Welsh Miles Posted on: 18 Jun 2016, by  PinkElephant2

Surnames > Miles

...of Francis. James Richard James (Hannah PUGH) James III (Rebecca HOLTON) James IV (Christine PICKEL) Obediah (Lavina ARMAGOST) Jerimiah C (Olive Jane BROOKS) George Franklin (Sarah Pearl WIANT) Jerry Raymon...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 30 Apr 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

Hiya Sara, as far as I know he married Martha Ann Connely., but about another wife have no idea. He is buried in the Nevil's cemetery forgot which town it is off hand. She is from Ga. Then went to s.c...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 24 May 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

By any chance that he married Elizabeth gardener? That is who I have for Aphelia Delphi Nevils

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 30 Apr 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

Hi Jan, sorry but the spelling I gave you is what is on his headstone and some papers that my 2nd cousin has . the headstone is in the Nevil's cemetery forgot if it is in klien, barn well, blackville ...

Mark M. Leonard in Georgia Posted on: 14 Aug 2016, by  Louise Dorfma...

Surnames > Leonard

I am looking for information on Mark M. Leonard, father of Lemuel Doak, Obediah Luke, and Watson Weatherly. According to the tombstone located in Murray County Georgia, he was a Mason and died in 1891. I a...

Re: Mary Cook/William Price-SC-NC Mary and Obed Cook?? Posted on: 25 Oct 2015, by  1_kittycat77

Surnames > Cook

Hi, Linda, I don't know a lot about my g-g-grandfather. He's the Cook family's brick wall. Per my records, he had these sons: William Jasper Cook, b 24 Nov 1835, Chattanooga, TN Thomas Jefferson Cook...

Re: Obadiah Smith (b. bef 1671) Line Henrico to Halifax & Pittsylvania VA Posted on: 21 Oct 2015, by  ewhite01

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Henrico

Luke Smith, Sr., son of Obediah: Halifax Co. Will Book abs by Marian Dodson Chiarito 1982 Will Book O 1752-1773, p.43 Will proved 15? March 1758 Will of LUKE SMITH, JUNR., Will Book 0 1752-1773 Halifax Co...

Re: Walter and Alvira Moody Posted on: 18 May 2016, by  Crystal Nerse...

Surnames > Moody

...looking. Walter Brown Moody and Alvira Russell are my 3rd great grandparents. Walter was the son of Obediah Brown Moody and Mehitable Bean. Walter was born 8 December 1828 in Corinna, Penobscot County, ...

Re: Obediah Nevill Posted on: 24 May 2016, by  ubeestar

Surnames > Neville

You are very welcomed, Jan.

Re: Margaret Mills Lewisville New Brunswick Posted on: 26 Jul 2016, by  Dawn Edlund

Localities > North America > Canada > New Brunswick > Westmorland

Hi. I had a bit of spare time, so did some digging for you. This is not, otherwise, a family that I am researching. Stephen Mills married Margaret Faulkner on 24 Jan 1856 in Westmorland Co., N.B. ...

Re: Lockards Posted on: 19 Jan 2016, by  ddeloach0428

...They married 5-6-1892. They had two children together. Russell Banks and Bertha Banks. Amanda married Obediah in 1899. They had seven children together. Walker, Isabell, Victoria, Lula Mae, Nancy, James,...

Re: name change Posted on: 17 Jan 2016, by  michaelburkey...

Surnames > Burkey

...lines from eastern Ohio back to: Robert Earl Burkey (my father) Earl Clifford Burkey (Robert's dad) Obediah Burkey (Earl's dad) Daniel Burkey (Obediah's dad) the above I know for sure. I'm not so sure of t...

Re: annias obediah benion (binion)(bennion) Posted on: 10 Mar 2016, by  cameron597

Surnames > Binion

...any more info on this person? I think we're related if you're related to him. I have "Annanias Obediah Binion". http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=142047994 I'd love t...

Re: Father of John Red Buck Chisholm Posted on: 26 Apr 2016, by  chishwl

Surnames > Chisholm

...Good luck in your search and please post what you find. BTW I am out of the John and Ellender line via Obediah. W.L. CHISHOLM

Re: BANKS-LOCKARD-CANNON-DALE Posted on: 19 Jan 2016, by  ddeloach0428

...Banks born September 25, 1895, also a daughter, Bertha Ellen Banks born about 1899. Amanda married Obediah and they had seven children together. I found one tree that has Sam married to Malinda Lindy King, ...

Vance Family Mingo County Posted on: 25 Feb 2016, by  ferbie1968

Localities > North America > United States > States > West Virginia > Counties > Mingo

...between 1900-1910 as Mary Ann is a widow in the 1910 census record. They had several children: Jane, Obediah, Sarah E, Nancy, Eli, Phoebe, and Wilburn Lewis. I'm looking to find out where Mary Ann and Lewi...

Re: Mary Cook/William Price-SC-NC Mary and Obed Cook?? Posted on: 30 Oct 2015, by  Boh14

Surnames > Cook

...Co) TX. He's born abt. 1805 and the same for her in SC. Charles Cottingham Cook is the known son of Obediah Cook. It looks like he spent time in TN, MO and TX. He may have also been an itinerant Methodis...

per page