Search the Boards

Search Results for "obediah" - 141 Messages

per page

Re: Obediah T. PATTERSON * John PATTERSON * Thomas PATTERSON Posted on: 28 Aug 2014, by  AleciaWagoner...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Elbert

I have a family story about "Uncle Tommy" Patterson. The story is from the grand-niece of Thomas Patterson, son of John and Margaret Baskin Patterson. HIs niece was Mary Patterson, my great-...

1860 Georgia Newspapers - Obediah Rewis Posted on: 29 Aug 2014, by  silverbuck

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Coffee

I am looking for any newspaper articles pertaining to the arrest of Obediah Rewis for the murder of his wife, Rhoda in Coffee County on about July 23, 1860. I found a short article on his arrest in the 24 Ju...

Re: Gitt-Kitt family Posted on: 29 Aug 2014, by  jamaesaka

Surnames > Kitt

Phil, I am also an ancestor of Jacob Kitt of Huntington Co, IN. His son Obediah, had a son Otis who is my Great-Grandfather. That makes Jacob my 4 times great grandfather. I just found out there is a con...

Re: Wyatts in Texas, Usa Posted on: 01 Sep 2014, by  pamandgar9973

Surnames > Wyatt

I don't know about DNA tests done - might answer some questions. These Wyatts are from Rowan County, NC. Nathan Wyatt b. abt. 1814 m. 17 Jan 1832 in Davidson Co. to Mary Ann Gobble. His father Willia...

Re: Obediah Posted on: 06 Sep 2014, by  Joshua Ward

Surnames > Dray

Would your mother happen to be Marlene Ward?

Re: South Carolina Cann family Posted on: 15 Sep 2014, by  cutler30815

Surnames > Cann

...in Illinois - he's the only one there. I can through on Ebenezer's father's ( Duncan Cann ) brother Obediah L. Cann. Good Luck on your research

Re: Cann family SC/Al/LA Posted on: 15 Sep 2014, by  cutler30815

Surnames > Cann

...and yes both were born in South Carolina. William F Cann's parents is Duncan Cann and his father is Obediah Cann and Isabelle Campbell. I come through Duncan's brother, Obediah L. Cann Sr.

Re: Skidgel Posted on: 16 Sep 2014, by  jgenness

Surnames > Skidgel

You can look under The Kings American Regiment for New Brunswick Canada. Hendrick is on the list of men along with Obediah Tompkins and others.

The Thomas ROPER or ROSSER Who Served in Captain John BIRDSONG's Company Posted on: 16 Sep 2014, by  waroper

Surnames > Roper

The book Colonial Soldiers of the South, 1732-1774, compiled by by Murtie J. Clark (Baltimore, MD: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999) identifies a Thomas ROPER as a private within the Company of Capt...

Zilpha Meadows Did Not Exist. Posted on: 18 Sep 2014, by  pkt6177

Surnames > Meadows

Meador/Meadows researchers, Most Meador/Meadows internet pages cite Zilpha Meadows as a daughter of Jason and Elizabeth (Stone) Meador/Meadows of Anson County, North Carolina. However, Zilpha Meadow...

Surnames > Meador

Meador/Meadows researchers, Most Meador/Meadows internet pages cite Zilpha Meadows as a daughter of Jason and Elizabeth (Stone) Meador/Meadows of Anson County, North Carolina. However, Zilpha Meadow...

Surnames > Meadors

Origin of Zilpha Meadows Posted on: 21 Sep 2014, by  pkt6177

Surnames > Meadows

Aaron Thomas, likely son of Joseph Thomas and Keziah ? Posted on: 22 Sep 2014, by  DuchessofBroo...

Surnames > Thomas

...and his lifespan. On all census and deed records his name is simply Aaron Thomas. Never is it Aaron Obediah Thomas, Aaron O. Thomas, A. O. Thomas or anything but Aaron Thomas. It would appear, based solely o...

Re: Hunt family shoe/boot manufacturers Posted on: 24 Sep 2014, by  kobieharris1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Middlesex > General

...www.freebmd.org.uk Marriages Mar 1864 (>99%) Hunt Maria St George S 1d 181 Stammers Obediah St George S 1d 181 Sadly by 1871 census Maria is a widow In 1881 a nephew William Ellister i...

Re: Obediah Kittle "O K" Stevens is my 3rd great grandfather Posted on: 17 Oct 2014, by  theresa0325

Surnames > Stevens

Hello Melinda. My Great Grandfather was Obediah, My Grandfather was Charles Omar, Harriet (your Grandmother) 's brother. I heard a bit about "Aunt Hattie" from my Mother, Veralyn Ann Stevens-Guy....

Daniel Taylor d Abt 1837 Perry Co,IN DNA study Posted on: 29 Oct 2014, by  lonfink

Surnames > Taylor

...not counting the other Surnames, continuing uncle and grandfather's research! My line Stanley/Arville/Obediah/Riley/Obediah/Daniel Taylor http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=PED&db=lonfink&...

Re: ARDEN J. JEFFERSON, BEAUFORT, NC Posted on: 29 Oct 2014, by  majefferson58

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Beaufort

...in Bath, N.C. Thad Jefferson was my grandfather. I believe Melvinia Slocum was probably the wife of Obediah Jefferson, Sr., who was also at an earlier time married to Lucretia Braddy. I am still digging i...

Re: Peter Craighead in Smith County TN Posted on: 02 Nov 2014, by  DiRicci

Surnames > Craighead

My grandmother was Alice Craighead Woodard. Her father was Obediah Craighead who died at the age of approximately 34 or 35 of pheumonia (so I was told). My grandmother grew up in Friendship Hollow. She was b...

Re: Earl Vernon Craighead Posted on: 02 Nov 2014, by  DiRicci

Surnames > Craighead

My grandmother was Alice Craighead Woodard whose father was Obediah Craighead. Her brother, Robert, was married to a woman that I called Aunt Maggie. She would actually have been my mother's aunt. Aunt Maggi...

Re: Obadiah Knowland & Caroline Stone Knowland Posted on: 04 Nov 2014, by  KnowlandC

Surnames > Knowland

...descendant of Joseph Knowland and he had a brother--Obed. Do you have any birth information or places for Obediah Knowland or other information? Is Caroline his wife? I know that this is an old post that ...

Pauline Pitts killed in Florida in 1925 by Obediah George Washington Carter in murder suicide Posted on: 06 Nov 2014, by  BarbaraCox147

Surnames > Pitts

...the reported inattention of his sweetheart, Miss Pauline Pitts (b in GA on 18 Feb 1896), 25, George (Obediah George Washington) Carter, 28 (b 2 July 1896 in Jackson co GA) went to her apartment at Cortez bea...

Re: Joshua Prichard, son of Obediah Prichard Posted on: 06 Nov 2014, by  Stan Prichard

Surnames > Prichard

I have been researching Joshua Prichard for some time, if you're still interested. He is my gggggrandfather. Best regards, Stan Prichard

Re: Joshua Prichard, son of Obediah Prichard Posted on: 06 Nov 2014, by  Stan Prichard

Surnames > Prichard

...I have a lot of information about him and his descendants. I am, however, unsure that his father was Obediah. It seems that, in the past, some conjecture was used to make this link. I would like to discuss ...

Re: O.B. Whitehead, Sr. of Cedartown Posted on: 10 Nov 2014, by  thomasker2

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Polk

NOTE - There is a 20 yr. gap in the census records [1880 - 1900] as the 1890 census was burned in the 1920's. Add 20 yrs to everyone's 1880 age for the 1900 census. I’m not related to any member of t...

Re: Ricketts / Cassell / Canning Posted on: 12 Nov 2014, by  loripayne42

Localities > North America > Canada > Newfoundland > White Bay

...Louise, Dinah & Elizabeth. The "other children" Fanny Louise, Joseph, Samuel, William and Obediah. Were they siblings of Mary Ann?. Thanks.

Re: Ricketts / Cassell / Canning Posted on: 13 Nov 2014, by  sirjohne

Localities > North America > Canada > Newfoundland > White Bay

...and Abigail Canning were: Fanny Ann (not Louisa), Joseph, Samuel and William. As far as I can tell, Obediah Cassell was George's brother and thus Elizabeth's uncle, not her brother. I knew Fanny, Joseph, Sa...

Re: Rosanna Skinner Meek, Decatur co. Indiana Posted on: 29 Nov 2014, by  azmadman2011

Surnames > Meek

...have sever other of her siblings and ancestors. I have not found George as of yet. My line came when Obediah married Julia Ann Coy 19 June 1856. The closest that i have found that may or may not link Rosan...

Re: Rosanna Skinner Meek, Decatur co. Indiana Posted on: 30 Nov 2014, by  azmadman2011

Surnames > Meek

...is backwords for Obadiah and Sarah, considering that i have found a U.S. Civil war draft record for Obediah that states he was 44 in 1863 ,making his d.o.b. in 1819 which would make him 31 in 1850 at the tim...

Re: Meek in KY an Indiana Posted on: 30 Nov 2014, by  azmadman2011

Surnames > Meek

I would sure be interested in seeing this info as my line descends from Obediah Meek.

Re: William Scott d 1794 Bedford Co., VA Posted on: 09 Dec 2014, by  doscott32

Surnames > Scott

I am Don Scott, keeper of the Scott Family tree open on ancestry. As one can from comments see the origins of William Scott d 1794 in Bedford Co Va. are varied and without substantiation. These var...

Gideon Johnson (b Mar 1847) wife Ibba (b Jan 1852) & possible in-laws Alexander Thompson (b 1826) & Emily (b 1830) Posted on: 13 Dec 2014, by  LisaFFranklin

Localities > North America > United States > States > Louisiana > Parishes > Vernon

Gideon D Johnson b Mar 1847 LA was married to Ibba (b Jan 1852 LA). From census records they married in 1869 and, sadly, never had children. In 1880, 1900 & 1910 they are found in Pitkin (Ward ...

Gideon Johnson (b Mar 1847) wife Ibba (b Jan 1852) & possible in-laws Alexander Thompson (b 1826) & Emily (b 1830) Posted on: 13 Dec 2014, by  LisaFFranklin

Localities > North America > United States > States > Louisiana > Parishes > Rapides

Gideon D Johnson b Mar 1847 LA was married to Ibba (b Jan 1852 LA). From census records they married in 1869 and, sadly, never had children. In 1880, 1900 & 1910 they are found in Pitkin (Ward ...

Andrew & Sarah (Grammar) Reese Posted on: 15 Dec 2014, by  Barbara G Fox

Surnames > Reese

...Sarah b. 1824. I believe that Sarah Reese had a child with James Fox possibly out of wedlock named Obediah Edom Fox b. 1842. The parents on Obediah's death certificate say James Fox and Sarah Reese the inf...

Re: Proof that Obediah T. Barker who married Sarah Cochran was the son of Thomas Barker and Martha Truax? Posted on: 15 Dec 2014, by  trueliber

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Greene

I have a copy of the will of Obadiah Tilman Barker who was married to Sarah Cochran and died on the Mississippi. In his will it says that he owed his father, Ule, money and it was to be paid back.

Re: SAMS land transaction: Littlebury Sams Posted on: 21 Dec 2014, by  1dpleasant

Surnames > Sams

Littleberry,Jr. is the father of Jackson of Carter Co., Owen of Sullivan Co., Obediah of Carter Co. Obediah moved to Georgetown, KY and had 2 children. There were 11 children in all, but none names Wilson. Thi...

my connection Posted on: 27 Dec 2014, by  mamadiana1

Surnames > Belfield

...burdick riley james burdick m armidann belfield (3gparents) isaiah belfield m. maryette bascom (4gparents) obediah belfield m. anna dye (5gparents) richard belfield m. elizabeth mason (6gparents) I am serio...

Hester Rewis Moore c. 1852 Posted on: 28 Dec 2014, by  jeanieparker1

Surnames > Rewis

On the 1860 census for Coffee County, GA, Hester’s parents are Obediah and Rhoda Rewis. The death certificate for Hester Rewis Moore lists her parents as Manning Rewis and Hester Dryden. Could the person w...

Re: Joseph Jowers and Bethany Rewis Posted on: 31 Dec 2014, by  jeanieparker1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Coffee

...parents were Manning Rewis and Hester Dryden but a family chart by Joyce Ruis says that her parents were Obediah and Rhoda Rewis. My theory was that her uncle Manning (Hiram) Rewis raised her after her pare...

Re: Joseph Jowers and Bethany Rewis Posted on: 31 Dec 2014, by  silverbuck

If you look at the 1860 census for Obediah Rewis, you will see that he and Rhoda were married about 1851 based on the age of their children. I found Obediah in Coffee county in 1850 and looked for Rhodas that might...

Re: Joseph Jowers and Bethany Rewis Posted on: 31 Dec 2014, by  silverbuck

...state that the child is his and not a relative but who knows? Also, Manning Rewis is not the brother of Obediah Rewis, they are cousins. Manning's father is John R. Rewis and Obadiah's father is Robert Dani...

Re: Joseph Jowers and Bethany Rewis Posted on: 06 Jan 2015, by  jeanieparker1

...named Hester Rewis. Manning’s brother, Malachi Rewis had a daughter named Hester. And their cousin Obediah had a daughter named Hester. By the way, if Obediah died in the Civil War, then maybe he was not guil...

Re: Joseph Jowers and Bethany Rewis Posted on: 06 Jan 2015, by  jeanieparker1

I’m not in the area either. I began to browse the newspaper that reported Obediah’s arrest. http://virginiachronicle.com/cgi-bin/virginia?a=d&d=DD18600724.1.2# I thought there might be a follow-up a...

Re: Obadiah Knowland & Caroline Stone Knowland Posted on: 07 Jan 2015, by  KKnowland11

Surnames > Knowland

Chris: I believe I am also a decendant of Obediah Knowland. I believe the trail runs from Obediah to Thomas, then Thomas (Jefferson) martin Knowland (my grandfather, then my father, Norval. Looks like it started...

Re: Tucker Families Posted on: 07 Jan 2015, by  taylortuckers

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Greene

JoAnn.... did you ever find anything on Obediah & Elizabeth (James) Tucker? They are listed on Find-a-Grave with absolutely no information. I am on the trail of their son, Thomas, b. 1822 and found...

Re: Mathew Abbett / Abbott Obediah Abbott Posted on: 16 Jan 2015, by  steve_felten

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Fayette

We have information that Mary Jane Abbott was married to Allen Malone on May 7, 1861, in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. Our records indicate that they were married a short time. Do you have any informa...

Re: Mathew Abbett / Abbott Obediah Abbott Posted on: 18 Jan 2015, by  SandyThixton2...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Fayette

The only information that I have (and it is not verified) is that Mary Jane was married to Columbus D. Smith.

Re: PERKINS,John b.1796 Woodstock,VT Posted on: 19 Jan 2015, by  itsperk

Localities > North America > United States > States > Vermont > Counties > Windsor

...connection between, Perkins, Marsh and Chapin families. I was reviewing the 1850 Crownpoint, NY Census on Obediah & Martha (Perkins) Baldwin family, and noticed that Rebecca Chapin b. 1797 was listed in...

Obediah Radford. and Lucy Parish Radford Posted on: 22 Jan 2015, by  grscheel

Surnames > Radford

...for Radford family. or bible records from GA and AL Father Reuben Radford, mother Elizabeth Hackworth Obediah left MORGAN county GA, moved to Bibb Co Al Reported as Baptist minister part of family moved fr...

Re: Duncan''s in Kentucky Posted on: 23 Jan 2015, by  JKMCCOY

Surnames > Duncan

...Lyon Co in 1854. John Duncan died between 1840-1841 in Caldwell Co, KY. His widow, Mary, married 2. Obediah Ritch on 23 Sep 1844 in Caldwell Co. In the 1850 census, she is living with son Elihu Duncan as ...

per page