Search for content in message boards

Croil Island

Replies: 3

Croil Island

Frank Alguire (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 2000 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Campbell
Of all my grandparents lines, the one I have had the most trouble tracking is my grandmother Daisy Mae Campbell, who I believe was born and raised on Croil Island. Her father was Charles who we believe was born in 1853 in Milles Roche, died 1894 of pneumonia, and her mother was Marion Vallance, born 1869, died 12/24/20. We believe Charles father was John William Campbell, and he was born in Ontario, but we're not sure. My grandmother had 3 sisters, Maggie, Bessie and Annie, and I don't think any of them ever married. I have unconfirmed notes that the girls were raised in Woodland or Woodlands. My grandmother Daisy Mae married my grandfather, Frank Wilson Alguire, and I am the son of their only son Max W. Alguire, late of Massena NY.

I am particularly interested in the history of Croils Island, which I've been told was a Scottish settlement. any insights into Croils Island or the origin of my Campbell ancestors would be greatly welcomed!

Frank Alguire
Bennington, VT
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Frank Alguire 9 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Ken Steffenson 8 Mar 2003 2:58PM GMT 
cuzncindy 23 Apr 2004 5:09AM GMT 
trucktoomama 29 Mar 2011 1:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2006-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.